U.S. International Tax Manager
Company Operating Name: U.S. Tax IQ
Location of Work: Greater Toronto Area
U.S. International Tax Manager
NOC 2016, 1111 – Financial Auditors and Accountants
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Language Required: English
Hours of Work: 40.00 hr/week
Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU Principal
Brandon Vucen, CPA, CA, CPA (IL), MST Principal
c/o U.S. Tax IQ
550 Speers Road, Suite 1A
Oakville, ON L6K 2G3
Our team of U.S. Tax and International Tax Advisors is comprised of a U.S. Tax Lawyer and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) who, combined, have over 35 years of experience in U.S. and International Tax gained in Big 4 accounting firms, regional mid-size accounting firms, and prestigious law firms. Our U.S. Tax and International Tax Advisors have a proven trackrecord of assisting our clients in the most complex tax matters.
We are looking for talented and driven professionals who are ready to step in and make an immediate impact in growing our organization. We are a dynamic organization that values hard work, commitment to results, teamwork, creativity and putting the client’s needs first.
U.S. Tax IQ is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. Tax IQ is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
The U.S. International Tax Manager will be directly involved with delivering tax compliance and planning services. The U.S. International Tax Manager will report directly to Alexey Manasuev and Brandon Vucen, the Principals of U.S. Tax IQ.
The U.S. International Tax Manager will be required to:
• Work under the direct supervision of a Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified Foreign Legal Consultant in U.S. Tax Law;
• Review financial statements and tax returns to ensure compliance with the US Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, U.S. Tax Treaties and other statutory requirements;
• Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns and other tax compliance slips ensuring compliance with the Internal Revenue Service’s standards;
• Perform an analysis of personal and business tax arrangements to mitigate the client’s tax obligations under the Internal Revenue Code, and U.S. Tax Treaties;
• Apply the double taxation provisions found in U.S. Tax Treaties to eliminate and mitigate the risk of double taxation;
• Analyze facts and circumstances to determine a client’s tax residence status under U.S. Tax Treaties and the Internal Revenue Code;
• Apply the relevant statutory and treaty provision to determine if a client has a permanent establishment in the United States;
• Resolve tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and other international tax authorities by applying the Internal Revenue Code and U.S. Tax Treaties;
• Calculate U.S. and International Tax consequences of profits up through a corporate ownership chain;
• Engage in repatriation and exit tax planning for client’s assets in the United States and abroad;
• Evaluate and advise clients on tax consequences of legislative developments in the U.S. and abroad;
• Provide both technical and project management leadership to the U.S. Tax Team;
• Provide mentorship to the U.S. Tax team;
• Identify new opportunities to improve services and process;
• Build effective long-term relationships with our clients, understand their unique needs in order to provide a tailored and integrated service; and
• Conduct thorough research on the firm’s focus areas, proof-reading articles, and generate ideas for new articles and other content.
Required Skills and Education
• Must have completed a graduate or undergraduate program in international taxation;
• Must have one of the following professional designations: LLM (Int’l Tax); CPA CA; CPA CMA; or CPA CGA
• Must possess a minimum of 7+ years of experience in expatriate tax, international tax, or U.S. tax in a public accounting firm or law firm, including experience in:
o business and personal taxation;
o tax consulting, compliance, structuring, planning and financial reporting;
o international tax dispute resolution; and
o tax treaties.
• Proven experience establishing tax advantageous structures for individuals and businesses;
• Must have experience advising and assisting high net worth foreign investors, or multinational businesses;
• Demonstrated an effective track record of responding to tax audits and resolving tax disputes in an international setting;
• Excellence demonstrated through compliance with international and domestic taxation regimes, including value added taxes/sales taxes, corporate income taxes, withholding taxes, personal income taxes, and capital gains; and
• Must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
The following would be an asset:
• Experience with one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Price Waterhouse Coopers or KPMG), a prestigious law firm or equivalent;
• Admission to practice with the U.S. Tax Court;
• Management and leadership experience;
• Strong project management and organization skills;
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
• Knowledge of standard content writing practices; and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to join the U.S. Tax IQ team, please forward your resume and cover letter using any of the above methods or by email to email@example.com. Please use the subject line US International Tax Manager – NOC 1111 when applying.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.