Cost Controller (0111)
New Empire Supermarket (operation name also called“New 2000 Supermarket”) is a full size supermarket located at #111-4600 No.3 Road, Empire Centre Square, Richmond, BC. You will find in our clean, neat and orderly supermarket the essentials of top grade/fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, poultry, live seafood and local as well as imported Asian food and seasoning. As our Supermarket continues to grow and develop, we are always on the lookout for new talent to fill both entry-level jobs and professional careers.
The Cost Controller will be responsible for developing and maintaining a standard cost system as well as managing the overall financial operations of the company.
- Manage the preparation of budgeting and financial planning
- Implement appropriate internal controls, financial processes, ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Estimating and managing the cost of operation, the price to consumers, includes pricing, labor, any necessary transportation and equipment
- Develop and maintain monthly actual to budget and forecasts, financial reports and related variance analysis for the General Manager
- Report costs, margins and expenditures and other financial recommendations
- Cost controlling and reduction initiatives and ensure that unfavorable variances are addressed in a timely manner
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Oversee and /or execute accounts payable, account receivable, payroll, and / or Cash flow management
- Oversee the book keeping function of the company
- Analyze expenses in terms of actual outcome
- Review merchandise performance by analyze the sales volumes, margins, cash flow from operations, etc.
- Research of inventory shrinkage and waste management
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration is required
- Several years of Accounting / Financial management experience
- Background of strong account management
- Proficient in standard office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Details oriented
Salary: $62,000 to 70,000 per year (minimum 30 hours /week)
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com