KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. (“KGHM”) is a global company that employees 34,000 people around the world and has been a leader in copper and silver production for more than 50 years. The business strategy for the years 2015-2020 focuses on continuing growth and maximizing shareholder value with a goal to produce over 1 million tonnes of copper equivalent metal. Currently, KGHM operates 9 open-pit and underground mines located in Poland, Canada, the USA and Chile. KGHM produces key global resources including copper, silver, gold, rhenium, nickel, platinum group metals and molybdenum. As a global company, KGHM carries out its business activities in accordance with the highest environmental standards and regulations.
KGHM International Ltd., an indirect subsidiary of KGHM, serves as a holding company and an administrative services company for KGHM’s North American operating assets, which includes two mines and a mine project in Canada, two mines in the United States, and a mining contracting business active in both countries. KGHM International also holds equity interests in KGHM’s separately administered Chilean business, which operates one mine and is developing a further project in that country. KGHM International Ltd. also serves as an indirect holding company for KGHM’s 55% equity interest in Sierra Gorda SCM, which operates a further large mine in Chile.
We are looking for a General Accountant for our corporate office, located in Vaughan, Ontario.
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for assisting with financial systems reporting and performing a variety of accounting tasks, as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and enhance chart of accounts for the ERP system.
• Develop various reports for financial reporting and management reporting.
• Assist with ERP system and financial solutions implementation in various locations.
• Contribute to the enhancement metadata for HFM.
• Help maintain and set up rules in HFM.
• Manage data loading and validation in FDM.
• Support HFM monthly and quarterly close process.
• Assist with data/account analysis.
• Provide support to the quarterly and annual consolidation and financial statements preparation.
• Assist with developing an automated reporting package for the parent company.
• Develop operating procedures for financial reporting system.
• Facilitate monthly close process and timely corporate G&A close.
• Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and reconciliations for various general ledger accounts.
• Prepare and issue monthly intercompany invoices to all sites and KGHM, reconcile intercompany balances monthly with all sites and KGHM.
• Maintain and update various schedules (e.g. prepaid expenses, fixed assets); assist in preparing quarterly insurance payment/analysis report, AR credit reports.
• Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Manage Concur T&E rules and reconciliation; provide coaching on JDE & Insight features to staff at sites & Business.
• Assist tax manager with various tax-related tasks; prepare tax journal entries.
• Prepare various schedules for HQ in Poland (e.g. legal, donation and sponsorship payments).
• Perform accounts payable process duties, as needed.
• Support Treasury or/ and Tax function with daily operational tasks as required.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
Previous Related Work Experience Required
• 1-3 years of working experience in multi-currency, multi-company accounting environment.
• Previous experience in mining is an asset.
• Accounting degree (or successfully advancing to achieve it) or CGA level 4 equivalency or MIS is desirable.
• IT background is an asset.
• Working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards is an asset.
Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required
• Accountable self-starter and able to work independently.
• Project or Operational Cost estimates.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish rapport with people at all levels of an organization.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
• Ability to explain financial concepts to a non-financial audience.
• Fluency in Polish and/or Spanish language is considered a valuable asset.
Special Equipment/Computer Knowledge Required
• Advanced MS Office skills with particular focus in Excel.
• Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, specifically JD Edwards is an asset.
• Experience with HFM
• Creating reports and templates using Smart View and/or HFM.
JOB POSTING RESPONSE:
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a performance bonus, basic and extended benefits and participation in the RRSP plan.
Thank you for your interest in career with us. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates can submit an application and/or resume to HR@kghm.com. KGHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all who apply, however, only those most qualified will be contacted for an interview.