Bilingual (French) Reception Administrator (Government exp.)
“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Yangzom
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our government clients is looking for a Bilingual (French) Reception Administrator (Government exp.)
Length: Contract term is 1 year with a possibility of an extension
Location: North York, ON
Provide front-line customer support services in the areas of shipping and receiving, mail services, office supplies, switchboard and other general administrative functions at all corporate locations across the organization
• Welcome and greet visitors, clients and employees
• Provide shipping and receiving function adhering to strict company standards to coordinate receipt and distribution of all goods (mail, courier packages, freight and equipment) to promote cost effectiveness and operational efficiency
• Perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with hardware and software systems (bar code scanner, web-based courier systems) that are not supported by the organization’s IT department
• Order, receive, manage and distribute office stationery and kitchen supplies to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with procurement guidelines
• Prepare and prioritize daily/weekly deliveries and customer supply orders to meet business needs
• Manage reception desk and answer incoming calls (switchboard) to ensure proper routing of calls
• Maintain manual and electronic databases for tracking and reconciliation purposes, prepare reports for inventory of supplies, TTC tokens, P-card spend, mail services, receiving and switchboard
• Maintain and promote a clean and safe work environment to comply with safety procedures
• Comply with policies and procedures for asset inventory, guest pass program at YYM (Security), RFP, RFQ, and RFI
• Provide backup support to Senior Ancillary Services Specialist as required
• Maintain an organized work area in compliance with Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act
Qualifications/ Knowledges/ Skills:
• Bilingualism (English/French)
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Experience in business operations and software programs (Office 365, Outlook, PeopleSoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Snag It) and assorted inventory management and schedule databases
• Experience in web-based purchasing & courier systems (Purolator, FedEx, Xpresspost), and familiarity with US Customs and International shipping regulations
• Experience with warehouse equipment (lifting devices, pallet jacks, shrink wrapping and strapping of freight skids, dollies, flatbeds).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and with the assistance of equipment maneuver skids and packages.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• College diploma in Office Administrator or equivalent experience
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!