Operations Manager - Administrative Services
|Company Name||Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Willoughby Centre|
|Salary||$ 65,000 to $70,000|
|Position||Operations Manager - Administrative Services|
|Job Location||Langley, BC|
|Experience Required||3 years or more|
|Education Required||Bachelor's Degree or above|
Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Willoughby Centre prides itself on being an early learning centre that ensures quality child care to all families in a safe, educational, and fun environment. We offer a nurturing and caring atmosphere that supports children of all ages' needs as well as peace of mind to families. Tiny Hoppers Willoughby provides a setting where children learn and grow to reach their full potential.
Overview of the Role:
The Operations Manager- Administrative Services will be responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing the childcare centre to ensure its efficient operations management. Reports to the Board of Directors, the operations Manager will work with the daycare principal and staff members and have overall responsibility for centre daily operations, financial management, marketing management, record management and staff management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Direct, implement, and supervise administrative systems and processes to support the smooth day-to-day operations of the childcare centre;
• Resolve operational and administrative issues as they arise and identify solutions;
• Evaluate and set annual goals, review staff performance and provide ongoing support to the childcare centre principal, early childhood educators and assistants to help achieve business goals;
• Prepare annual and quarterly reports on operations and administrative matters for the Board of Directors' review;
• Monitor and direct staff in managing financial performance, including operating budget, expenses control and staff utilization;
• Work with the Board of Directors to establish the centre's annual growth strategy, evaluate operations efficiency and new business opportunities, and drive operational productivity.
• Administer new business development, such as facilitating the international exchange program between the centre and partner schools from overseas;
• Direct and oversee marketing and promotional activities, including open houses, holiday events, fundraisers, and other special events.
• Oversee the creation and distribution of daycare handbooks, ensure policies are current and comply with licensing regulations;
• Interview and make hiring decisions; Plan staff orientations and training, approve vacations, day-offs etc. and manage employee records;
• Ensure the childcare centre is meeting the Community Licensing regulations including, but not limited to, employee files, student files, coordinate with periodic emergency preparedness drills;
• Ensure a clean, safe, and functional work environment for the employees and children; evaluate the results of weekly playground and maintenance checks;
• Guide and supervise other administrative staff and the receptionist.
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in management or related field;
• Minimum three (3) years of experiences in operations management, preferably in the education industry;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to communicate information in English (written and oral);
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and prioritize a large workload
• Extremely organized and detailed oriented;
• Ability and desire to work independently and as a team member with the community and other employees;
• Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
• Full Time
Compensation and Work Schedule:
• $ 65,000 to $70,000
• 35 Hours/Week
• A230-20689 Willoughby Town Centre Drive, Langley, BC V2Y 0L7 Canada
• English (Required)
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply by Email, and please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.