Company: Atlantic Chican Seafood
Job Title: Purchasing Officer (NOC 1225)
Location: 55 Orion Wharf Road, Newellton RR1, Clark’s Harbour, NS B0W 1P0
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Wage: $26.00 per hour, 40 hours per week
Atlantic Chican Seafood is a registered and CFIA approved manufacture plant located in Nova Scotia, Canada, mainly focus on shipping Live Canadian Lobsters. We can supply our products to our customers all year round to Asia, Europe, and the United States. Our quality of Live Lobsters is the best of the best.
- Conduct product research and develop purchasing strategies;
- Source new suppliers, compare and evaluate supplier offers;
- Negotiate, determine, and review contract terms and pricing;
- Control purchasing budget and communicate with manager to finalize the purchasing decisions;
- Establish delivery schedules and follow up on delays or rescheduled orders;
- Assess and monitor the quality of products;
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with suppliers;
- Maintain records of all orders and prepare reports as required.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum education of college diploma is required;
- Minimum 4 years of directly related experience is required;
- Client focus, organized, team player, and effective interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Work condition: Fast-paced environment, large caseload, work under pressure, tight deadline, attention to detail.
- Work setting: Private sector.
- Transportation: Own transportation.
*Please apply for this job by sending your resume to email@example.com.