Company: Greenholm Farms Ltd.
Business Information: Founded in 1843, Greenholm Farms Limited is a small organization in the dairy farms industry located in Embro, Canada.
Main Business Address: 356508 35th line RR1 Embro, ON N0J 1J0
Work Location: Same as above and other three farms:
Rd 96 963866 RR#1 Embro ON
Rd 88 883915 RR#1 Embro ON
37th line 376642 RR#1 Embro ON
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures
• Maintain quality control and production records
• Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
• Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs
• Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
• Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Monitoring animal health
• Maintain work records and logs
• Perform general farm duties and support general farm workers
• Hire and train staff
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Drive to and from the different cattle farms to perform job duties
-Education: No formal education required
-Experience: At least three years of experience working with cattle/dairy is required
-To prevent accidents at work and damage of the farm’s equipment; experience, knowledge or training in the operation of the following farm equipment is required: Tillage equipment, Planting equipment, Manure spreader, Loader, Tractor, Lift truck, Haying equipment, Forage equipment, Farm truck, Fertilizer applicator and Combine harvester
-Mechanical skills are an asset
-Be self-motivated, an independent thinker and an excellent problem solver
-Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to supervise 5-6 people
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
-Personal suitability: Team player, Organized
Salary: $22.00 hourly, 40-60 Hours per week
Benefits: Access to meat and food options. Access to transportation vehicles. Accommodation provided on a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility in scheduling and weekend hours are required (every other weekend). Overtime work might be needed. Most common work schedule will be between 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
Apply by email to: email@example.com