General Farm Worker (NOC:8431)
E-Mail Address: Makofarms31@gmail.com
Company operating name: Harjit Jassal, Ranjit Jassal, ET AL
Business address: 15176 48 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3Z 1G9
Rate of pay: $17.00/hour
Overtime: 1.5 times normal rate as per provincial regulations.
Benefits Package: 4% vacation pay will be paid each payday on a bi-weekly basis
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: No Education Required.
Experience: No Experience Required. On job training will be provided.
Number of positions available: 4
NOC Group: General Farm Workers (8431)
Job Title: General Farm Worker
Job Location: 15176 48 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3Z 1G9
• Perform practical activities, i.e.: drive tractors, operate machinery, spray fields, inspect sprinklers, etc.
• Maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
• Manual labour such as digging, planting and pruning
• Participate in the harvest of the fruit – i.e.: may be asked to direct or oversee seasonal help during harvest
• Load products into trucks and/or drive trucks to market/storage
• Setup/inspect/repair irrigation system and equipment
• Keep irrigation ditches clear and well maintained
• Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the proper selection and application method of pesticides and fertilizers
• Communicate with farm supervisors, managers and owners regarding crop progress and issues that may arise
• Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are strictly followed
• Perform general farm duties as needed
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
********************* ATTENTION **************************
Please read carefully, send your cover letter and resume. In order not to
waste time, we will be only contacting candidates who’s cover letter and
resume get shortlisted. We will not accept any drop-ins or phone calls,
only resumes submitted via email will be accepted.
All others will not be processed.