Greenhouse Manager (NOC 0822)
Company Name: Darvonda Nurseries Ltd.
Permanent Position: Greenhouse Manager
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time – Must be willing to work Weekends, Days, Evenings
Work Location: 6690 216 Street Langley BC, V2Y 2N9
Wage Rate: $55,000 - $60,000 per year
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Education: High School
Experience: Five years of recent Greenhouse experience – with minimum 3+ years as Greenhouse Supervisor
Positions Available: 01
• Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of nurseries and greenhouses
• Establish the environmental conditions required to grow trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and design planting and care schedules accordingly
• Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
• Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock
• Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
• Develop marketing plans
• Provide information to customers on gardening and on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
• Order materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse related accessories
• Hire and manage staff, oversee training and set work schedules
• Maintain records on stock, finances and personnel.
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, wet/damp/rain, odors, hot/cold.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Ability to distinguish between colors, Standing for extended periods, Walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Benefits: Accommodation is available at $30/week.
Employer: Darvonda Nurseries Ltd.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AS SPECIFIED BELOW:
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
BY MAIL: 6690 216 Street Langley BC, V2Y 2N9