Superior Door and Gate Systems, a leading supplier and provider of sales and service for overhead doors, dock levelers and automatic gates and accessories, is looking for an Automatic Door and Gate Installer and Service Technician to start immediately. Our main office is located at 5309 Maingate Drive, Mississauga, ON, L4W 1G6, and job sites are located throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton areas (GTHA).
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week) with a salary of $22/hour plus benefits (after 6 months of employment) including medical and dental, along with disability, life and AD&D insurance. The language of work for this position is English.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Attending residential and commercial client sites for both the initial installation and for the service of prefabricated automatic door and gate systems;
- Reviewing the blueprints, purchase order, and specifications for contracted systems;
- Visiting clients to review layout of work site and to proactively identify any potential issues;
- Measuring layout of site and laying markings prior to installation;
- Installing automatic door and gate systems and ensuring their proper and safe function;
- Installing and servicing access controls and safety devices;
- Identifying any issues or malfunctions and determining appropriate course of action;
- Servicing and repairing automatic door and gate systems;
- Loading and off-loading required materials and equipment;
- Conducting tests on equipment and systems to confirm performance and safety; and
- Providing training to junior installers and technicians.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Experience in the installation, repair, replacement, maintenance and servicing of automatic door and gate systems and their associated parts and accessories;
- Knowledge of the various types and operations of automatic door and gate systems;
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, purchase orders and specifications;
- Ability to, and experience in, identifying and diagnosing issues/malfunctions and subsequently troubleshooting/repairing;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Valid drivers license and must be able to provide a clean driving record check; and
- Able to handle up to 50lbs.
Applications can be emailed to MIRANDA@SDGS.CA using the subject line “Application for ADGIST”. Please provide your resume and 2 references upon submission of application. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.