Civil Engineering Technician
Civil Engineering Technician
Sibwest Inc., with the head office located at 1495 Bonhill Rd., Unit#12, Mississauga, ON L5T 1M2, has translated their restoration experience into a business that focuses on concrete – new concrete works and restorations. Sibwest’s experience, working for well-established construction companies in the GTA, has told them that there is another approach – «be customer focused».
In addition to providing concrete forming and restoration services for large-scale industrial and commercial construction projects across the GTA, Sibwest is strengthening its expertise in residential and midrise construction, providing cost effective advice to our clients. We build positive relationships that provide future opportunities – client references and repeat business.
ABOUT THE POSITION
At this time, we are looking for 5 experienced Civil Engineering Technicians to join our team, who will provide technical support and services to construction and other professional teams.
The successful candidates will perform the following duties:
• Search and evaluate design requirements, specifications, engineering records and any technical documentation related to proposed construction and renovation projects;
• Participate in preparation of engineering designs, drawings maps, sketches and reports for existing and proposed construction and renovation projects;
• Perform and check manual and computerized calculations (e.g. grades, elevations, cross-sections, and inverts);
• Ensure designs are carried out in accordance with engineering standards, specifications, and procedures;
• Conduct on-site inspections and studies prior to commencement of site activities;
• Assist with development of tender documentation;
• Maintain records of as-built drawings;
• Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
• Secondary school diploma;
• College diploma in civil engineering is a strong asset;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in civil engineering and construction projects;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Database Management software;
• Daily exposure to construction environment;
• Must be able to work outdoors;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Work in a fast-paced environment;
• Good command of English.
• Permanent, full-time position;
• Hourly salary of $25.00 to $27.00 depending on experience;
• 35 hours of work per week;
• Overtime pay applies after 44 hours of work per week;
• Benefits: WSIB;
• Address: 1495 Bonhill Road, Unit #12, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1M2;
• Work location: the company’s office and various customers’ sites around the GTA and Ontario.
To apply, please send your resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Civil Engineering Technician”. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.