Floor and Wall Covering Installer
Perfect Flooring is your go-to place for all flooring and wall covering services in the GTA! May it be your living room, bedroom, or the entire house, we use the best possible materials to give our clients the best services in the area.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced Floor and Wall Covering Installer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have years of hands-on experience in various floor and wall covering procedures.
Please see specifications of the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess and measure floors and walls’ square footage to define the need for application materials,
• Examine and assess condition of floors and walls using knowledge of various materials, such as timbers, wallpapers used for hardwood floors and walls,
• Evaluate and prepare by marking targeted surfaces,
• Lift and dispose of existing hardwood,
• Cut and fasten underlay, underpadding and sheeting,
• Prepare materials, including parquet and floor boards, for the installation,
• Occasionally repair or renovate (polishing) damaged floor coverings,
• Conduct moisture, PH and climate testing prior to installation to determine proper materials to be used,
• Conduct necessary durability tests after floor installation in front of customer,
• Install of transition and intricate patterns as per customer requests,
• Furniture moving and removing and replacing appliances, if necessary
• Post-installation clean up after job completion and ensure all invoices are signed by customer,
• May train and guide new workers on the job, if necessary.
• High Knowledge of construction procedures from start to finish
• Understanding of renovation and restoration projects
• Experience working with custom-assembled construction materials
Compensation and Conditions:
• $23.50 per hour, overtime rate of $35.25 will apply after 44 hours of work per week;
• 35-hour work week,
• Permanent, non-seasonal position, full benefits offered,
• Location of company’s head office: 7171 Yonge Street, Thornhill, ON, L3T 0C5
• At least 2 years of experience in floor or wall installation,
• Good understanding of hardwood floor and wall installation materials,
• Experience working in tight spaces
• Good English language skills (written and oral),
• Secondary school diploma is mandatory (post-secondary education is an asset),
• Familiarity with workplace safety, safe lifting and handling procedures.
How to apply:
Please apply by email (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter.