Slopped and Flat Roofer
|Company Name||Ascension Roofing Ltd.|
|Salary||$26-$45 per hour|
|Job Location||Greater Victoria Area|
|Experience Required||2 years|
ASCENSION ROOFING LTD. is hiring! We are looking for one (1) permanent, full-time, experienced Roofer (NOC 7291) to join our team. Our office is located in Victoria, B.C. with job sites located in and around the Greater Victoria area and including the Gulf islands.
The following duties required of the roofer:
• Removal and/or installation of residential and commercial roofing systems including metal, torch on, shingles, cedar, tiles, and composite roofing.
• Set up scaffolding, ladders, and planks to provide safe access to the roof.
• Installation of sheet metal flashings including metal roofing and siding.
• Operate roofing panel machine as well as manufacture standing seam panels, clips and custom flashings.
• Assist with setup of safety related fall protection equipment as per WCB mandated regulations.
• Delegate or assist with the tear-off and clean-up activities.
• Required to be able to measure roofs and create a material list.
• Use of variety of tools necessary to carry out the job to BC Building and RCABC codes.
• Perform repair/installation required on sloped roof surfaces using hand/power tools.
• Keeping the site clean and safe
The candidate must have:
- Secondary school
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Over three (3) years of experience in commercial and residential roofing systems including metal, torch-on and shingles or 2nd year roofing certificate.
- Strong work ethic.
- Trade certification is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Wage of $26 to $45 per hour based on experience and, three-month probationary period, WCB coverage.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver to head office at:
ASCENSION ROOFING LTD
630 Goldie Ave. Victoria, B.C. V9B 6C2