Carpenter- Concrete Forms
Kimola Construction is a Greater Vancouver based contracting company. We specialize in forming and framing carpentry work. We are seeking 2 Concrete Forming Carpenters to join our team
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 to 2 years
Salary: $28.00 TO $35.00 per hour, 40 hours a week and overtime paid as per BC labour laws.
Benefits: Extended health, medical, vision, dental and insurance after 3- months.
• Concrete form work involves working on high rise residential buildings.
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools;
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements;
• Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
• Concrete Products Forming and Finishing
• 1- 2 years of framing experience.
• Able to interpret and follow layout, building walls, sheathing, and joisting.
• Erect trusses according to layout.
• Form footings and foundations.
• Use easy strip forming system and snap tie forming systems.
• Build frost walls and drops.
• Have a valid driver’s licence and a vehicle.
• Build and repair wooden frames used to mould concrete products
Work Setting: Highrise Residential buildings
• Power tools
• Security and Safety
• Bondable; Drug test
• Own Tools/Equipment
• Steel-toed safety boots; Gloves
• Work Site Environment
• Outdoors; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot
• Transportation/Travel Information
• Own transportation; Own vehicle; Willing to travel; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability; Organized
Work Location Information
Office Location: #8 – 10480 248 Street, Maple Ridge, BC V2W 0J4
Work would be within the within the greater Vancouver area of BC
How to apply
By email: Kimolaconstruction@gmail.com