Production and Logistics co-ordinator
Sterling Floor & Tile Ltd. located at 6753 Graybar Road, Richmond, BC, is a Vancouver-based commercial and luxury residential flooring and tiling company experiencing massive growth. We are professionals who tackle everything including complex and large-scale construction projects. Our clients include some of the larger and high-profile companies in Vancouver, such as
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Aquilini Developments, Steve Nash Fitness World, Pacific Centre
Arc'teryx, PCL Constructors, Cadillac Fairview, Turner Construction, The Top Table Group,
Urban One Builders, University of British Columbia (UBC), Pan American Silver
As one of the top Vancouver construction company start-ups, we are continually expanding market share with high six to seven figure projects, under construction and in the pipeline. Fueled by our commitment to excellence, we go the extra mile to make sure our clients are completely satisfied with our work.
Joining Sterling Floor & Tile will ensure you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor with this young entrepreneurial company. For individuals looking to make a difference in a tangible way and reap the benefits, this is the place for you.
In the immediate, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and industry knowledge, first-hand, from industry professionals in a supported environment. Longer term, as the company grows, senior positions, managers and industry specialists will be required, providing opportunity for upward career mobility.
Skills and knowledge learned can be leveraged in any construction environment in the future.
If you are trustworthy, with a great work ethic, loyal and bring good energy each day to the office, we want to hear from you.
This individual will work in an extremely fast paced environment as part of a team of individuals, including customers, suppliers, labor teams, sales personnel and internal staff. You will be responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work, preparing production schedules and monitoring/reporting on progress of commercial and residential flooring and tiling projects..
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, detailed oriented individual, with strong written and verbal communications skills. A critical and analytical thinker, focused on quality work and meeting deadlines while eager to grow with our company.
We are willing to train the right individual with the required skills and competencies, interested in learning the industry.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Reviews plans & specifications to determine the scope of work and to define project requirements
· Oversees operational and supply chain logistics and procurement.
· In conjunction with the on-site operational managers, schedules, plans and costs projects accurately and in a time efficient manner.
· Communicates and co-ordinates with the warehouse manager, and operations managers to ensure smooth operations on active construction sites.
·Maintains accurate records of quantities purchased and inventory levels.
· Understands design intent and identifies challenging items
· Performs electronic quantity take-offs for all labour, equipment, materials and contractors to complete the project to specifications
·Prepares budgets of new projects.
·Maintains accurate record keeping and prepares actual verse budget tracking on projects.
· Seeks out competitive pricing from suppliers and appropriate sub-trades, as needed
· Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects.
· Outlines and proactively communicates project requirements and timelines
· Finalizes contracts that meet client requirements
· Works with the Project/Sales Teams to map out the project timeline and critical path schedule
· Prepares construction agreement(s), schedules & budgets
· Proactively communicates project progress and requirements and addresses any concerns
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelors degree, preferably Business or Engineering discipline
· English, strong business written and verbal proficiency
· Efficient skills in Microsoft Office 10, and other standard computer business applications
· Relevant experience: 7 – 12 months minimum
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast- paced environment
· Ability to work effectively with clients and all stakeholders for successful bid completion
· Able to prioritize and be flexible, while maintaining efficiency
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting abilities
· Highly organized with strong time management skills
· Quick and independent learner, ability to operate with minimal supervision
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Positive, team player, confident attitude
· Able to maintain a professional demeanor in challenging situations
· Career minded for upward potential in a growing environment
$50,000 per annum
Hours of work per week
This position will be an office-based position working an average of 40 hours per week. Hours will be from 8:30 am to 5p, Monday to Friday.
Employees have access to plentiful on-site shared parking. Upon successful completion of a probationary period, employees are eligible to benefit from the company extended health and dental benefits.
Paid vacation will accrue at 4% (equivalent to 10 days per year).