TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST TIER 1
Carbon60 Networks Inc. is a trusted partner to private and public sector organizations that need robust managed hybrid cloud hosting solutions for their IT applications so they can focus on running their business. For over 15 years, our customers trust us because of our end-to-end approach towards truly understanding their business and applying a white-glove approach to managing their environments.
This is a Full-Time permanent position in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Business address: 1725 16th Avenue, Suite 100, Richmond Hill, ON
Hours per week: 35
Wage/salary: $23 /hour with vacation pay at 4% of gross wages/year
i) TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
• Six (6) months of Linux or Windows systems administration with hands-on experience.
• Two (2) years experience with supporting Q360 application.
• Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports. Superior technical expertise and the ability to research and resolve client issues in a timely manner.
• Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
• Knowledge of internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, tcp, dns, dhcp, ssl, and load balancing desirable.
• An understanding of basic system administration tools and procedures; for example, BASH, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, and ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases) is desirable.
• Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
• Install, maintain and repair computers, peripherals, and other office equipment
• Inspect and test electronic equipment, components
• Gather necessary data for issue replication, problem determination and/or escalation.
• Isolate and resolve service performance issues.
• System administration experience and PHP , WordPress, Drupal development experience highly desirable.
ii) CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent people skills.
• Proven ability to clearly and effectively interact and communicate with customers in a friendly and personable manner via multiple channels (chat, phone, email).
• Self-starter who is persistent and has the drive to resolve client issues with urgency, empathy and honesty.
• Research, resolve, and respond to customer 24/7 tickets from customers (via chat, phone and email) in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
• Provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer productivity.
• When required, escalate issues to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
• APPENDIX – A: ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
• Ability to exercise judgment using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action.
• Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops. Participate in cross/team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Customer Support group.
• Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
• Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.