In-Home Caregiver for Elderly with Disabilities (Dementia/Alzheimers)
We are seeking a kind, caring and experienced in-home caregiver at our residence to care for our elderly mother who requires a full-time care. The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients with Dementia/Alzheimer, have a kind heart be trustworthy and have flexible availability. We will provide a private bedroom accommodation at our home.
Duties may include the following:
• Providing constant companionship and supervision;
• Mobility assistance such as walking and regular exercising;
• Preparation and service of nutritional meals;
• Overseeing medication and prescriptions usage, appointment reminders;
• Assistance with bedside and personal care such as personal hygiene, grooming,
• Perform light housekeeping tasks such as making bed, washing dishes and
• Shopping for grocery and household supplies;
• Alzheimer's & dementia care.
• At least 1 year of working experience as a private caregiver or in a related field
• Completion of Secondary school
• Completion of a training program (e.g. Caregiver)
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic including reliability, punctuality and good judgement
• Availability and flexibility to work weekends
• First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
• Dementia/Alzheimer experience care is an asset
• Good written and verbal English skills
• Speaking Russian is an asset
• Nonsmoking environment
Compensation and Conditions:
• $15.75 per hour based on 30-hours work week
• Temporary, full-time position
• Location of work: Maple, ON L6A 0G8
• Accommodation in employer’s residence (private bedroom, meals included)
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.