Early Childhood Educator (Willowbrae - New Westminster)
Willowbrae Academy’s curriculum is the heart of what we provide for our children. It is made up of six learning areas: Social Skills & Diversity, Emotional Skills, Cognitive Abilities, Communication, Language & Literacy, Physical Health, and Imagination & Creativity. The curriculum has been developed based on three proven methods of learning: Montessori, High Scope and Emergent.
In support of our curriculum, three unique programs: Young Scholars, BodyBreak KID FIT and Creative Kids have been designed to create measurable improvements in these important areas of learning in a fun and safe environment.
Our programs encourage children to develop their skills from initial exposure through to mastery under the caring support of our Early Childhood Educators. Activities, both inside and outside the classroom, are designed to provide opportunities for practice and are linked to each child’s unique pace of progress by measurable expected outcomes.
Parents/guardians are included as a valuable part of each child’s learning process through parent curriculum engagement. This encourages children to practice our activities at home. At Willowbrae, we promote the process of learning as a group effort; educators and parents working together to help children reach their full potential.
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Wage: 22.00 CAD per hour (to be negotiated)
Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Wage Enhancement provided by BC Ministry of Children and Family Development
Job Offer Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: 800 McBride Blvd. suite 211New Westminster, BC V3L 2B8
• Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children.
• Maintain and update the individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s positive and negative results.
• Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role-playing, games, music and art activities.
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and community service providers working with children.
• Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
License: British Columbia Early Childhood Educator License Required
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Experience an asset
Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Immunization records
Dependability, Team player, Reliability
Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity, Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits, Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor, Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children, Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children, Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
Child care centre
Please do not call regarding the posted position. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com