Position Title: President
Employer: TES Canada Inc.
Employer Address: 4620 Manilla Road SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 4B7
Primary Work Location: Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta
Other Work Locations: Multiple Client/Company Sites Across Canada
Language of Work: English
TES is a provider of engineering services as well as welding technology and inspection related courses across Canada. TES is currently seeking a highly experienced executive to join their team as President. The role will be responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the business as well as developing business and market opportunities for the Canadian offices. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in directing, managing and growing a technical training and engineering organization and developing business nationally and internationally. Frequent travel (domestic and international) will be required.
Terms of the Position:
- Terms: Permanent position
- Hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
- Wage: $143,000/year to $150,000/year depending on experience
- Benefits: Four weeks’ vacation
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, material science or a related field
o At least seven (7) years of related executive-level experience in the welding inspection training industry.
o At least ten (10) years of experience in the welding inspection training industry, including experience in project management and inspection/asset integrity assessment projects in the oil and gas industry.
o Demonstrate experience at establishing, managing and developing multiple office/worksite locations.
o Demonstrate experience managing 20 or more people across multiple work sites and locations and in various levels of responsibility, including contractors.
o Demonstrate business development skills in local and international engineering markets.
o Demonstrate experience managing and handling budgets in the range of $1.5-4 million, tax reporting, and financial reporting.
o Demonstrate experience coordinating and consulting with regulatory and certification bodies such as ISO (international standard organization), EMS (environmental management system), and OSHAS (occupational health and safety assessment series).
- Skills Required:
o Demonstrate familiarity with various welding certifications and regulatory bodies in Canada and internationally, including but not limited to CSWIP, AWS, CWB, CGSB, PCN, API, ASME.
o Demonstrate familiarity and experience with certification scheme audits for welding and welding inspection courses.
• Explore and develop new business opportunities.
• Assess financials and achieve cost reductions wherever possible.
• Recruit, hire, train and manage senior managers and staff.
• Develop and implement company objectives and mission.
• Preparing budgets, sales forecasts, and projections and ensure compliance with budgets.
• Establish and manage company offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and other Canadian cities as the business grows and to meet company needs.
• Represent TES in local, provincial and international markets.
• Prepare annual course schedules and release monthly schedules.
• Identify and hire lecturers and invigilators.
• Guide marketing team in their effort to get more candidates and in organizing and marketing the technical seminars and workshops offered by the company.
• Develop and maintain relationships with agents and coordinate with agents to fill vacant course seats.
• Plan and procure equipment and samples for non-destructive testing courses plan and order training and exam samples for welding or welding inspection courses.
• Plan and order equipment for protective coating courses.
• Coordinate with consultants and certification bodies for ISO (international standard organization), EMS (environmental management system) and OSHAS (occupational health and safety assessment series) audit requirements Coordinate and arrange for CSWIP audit (Certification scheme for welding & inspection.
• Coordinate and arrange for any external audits.
• Approach others in the industry to promote TES courses and engineering service.
• Develop new courses based on industry requirements.
• Ensure company and all staff and contractors comply with all safety and other regulations, laws and standards to ensure the safety of staff, contractors, and clients.