Senior Civil Designer-Road and Highways (NOC 2131)
Associated Engineering Alberta LTD. an employee-owned Canadian Company is currently looking for a Senior Civil Designer-Road and Highways (NOC 2131) to join the team in our Edmonton, Alberta Office located at 500, 9888 Jasper Avenue NW, T5J 5C6.
This is a full-time, permanent position starting as soon as possible. The position requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. The offered salary is $90,000.00 – S110,000.00 annually. The successful candidate MUST have a passion for transportation engineering with expertise in geometric urban design and experience in designing municipal roads, highways, interchanges, corridors, and general infrastructure.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree as a civil engineer from an accredited post-secondary institution.
• Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with APEGA.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in transportation engineering design on urban and rural roads, interchanges, including route studies, functional planning, detailed design, and contract administration.
• Experience in traffic operations, safety, and impact assessments.
• Proven ability to manage and meet client expectations.
• Demonstrated ability to write proposals, business cases, and technical reports.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel within Alberta.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Leading conceptual and functional planning of intersections, corridors, roadways, highways, and interchanges, in urban and rural environments.
• Developing engineering scopes of work and providing technical mentorship to the team, to ensure that client expectations, deliverables, and contractual obligates are fulfilled.
• Acting as the design lead by preparing estimates, plans, specifications and overseeing engineering analysis.
• Providing technical guidance to project teams, including CAD Designers, and other Engineers.
• Participating in tender preparation and contract administration,
• Collaborating with other Disciplines to ensure coordinated designs.
• Participating in community and stakeholder engagements, including attending public open houses and stakeholder meetings, as required.
• Following established quality control and quality assurance processes.
• Leading and/or assisting with development of proposals
• Design and technical delivery of transportation projects, including working with planners, engineers, and technologists on a variety of projects
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record and credit check, and provide professional references. We offer Extended Health and Medical benefits after completion of 3 months employment and offer standard vacation of 3 weeks per year. Please forward your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.