Internal Medicine Specialist - FULL TIME/PERMANENT (2 POSITIONS)
Business Address: 760 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, NL
Clinic/Hospital: Carbonear General Hospital
Hospital Address: 86 High Road South, Carbonear, NL A1Y 1A4
Telephone #: 1-709-945-5111
Eastern Health, the largest integrated Health Authority in Newfoundland and Labrador has an exciting career opportunity available for a General Internist in Carbonear, Newfoundland. This position is full-time, permanent.
The Carbonear General Hospital has 80 acute care beds. Services include; Anesthesia, Chemotherapy, Family Practice, General Surgery, Gynecology, Obstetrics, ICU, Internal Medicine, Laboratory, Palliative Care, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Respiratory Therapy, Pathology, Ultrasonography and 24-hour Emergency (Category A). Other services, include; Nursing, Nutritional, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Social work, Diabetic education and visiting specialty clinics; include, Audiology, Neurology and Opthamology. .
Specialist in Clinical Medicine Specific Skills include the following:
* Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures, Diagnose and treat diseases and physiological or psychiatric disorders, Prescribe medication and treatment and refer patients for surgery
• Providing service to the Internal Medicine program within Eastern Health.
• Functioning within the scope of practice of a General Internist.
• Providing clinical services in General Internal Medicine within the scope of practice including consultations, follow up visits, ongoing care, and seeing outpatients in an ambulatory clinic setting.
• Providing treatments and therapies in which the incumbent had been adequately trained and supervised
• Participation in the hospital inpatient services is required including the intensive care unit.
Education: Medical Degree
Must be eligible for licensure with College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Special Training: FRCP or equivalent.
Specialization in Clinical Medicine
Experience: Experience is an asset but not an absolute requirement.
Incumbents must be licensable by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (CPSNL) and satisfy the credentialing requirements of Eastern Health.
Proficiency in English language is essential to the role.
Information about the CPSNL can be obtained at http://www.cpsnl.ca. There is assistance with relocation, licensure, and immigration concerns.
Pay scale is in accordance with the Department of Health (DOH) salary guidelines.
The Specialist salary scale ranges from Step 1 - $220,147 to Step 5 - $262,714.
Physicians entering salaried physician system will be eligible for step assignment taking into consideration their previous work experience. All salaried physicians will be eligible for a retention bonus paid annually according to the category/categories in which they practiced continuously in approved salaried positions for the previous twelve (12), twenty-four (24) or thirty-six (36) months. This retention bonus is category 3 and can range from $4,000 (12 months eligible months) - $8,000 (after 24 eligible months) - $12,000 (after 36 eligible months)
Additional salary benefits:
• Salaried physicians will be eligible for financial recognition of the On-Call and After Hours Services which they may provide.
• 20 days annual leave
• Accommodation for the first 3 months of service
• Insurance benefits for the information of employees:
o Eligibility for Group Insurance:
o Mandatory Benefits
o Basic Group Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
o Supplementary Health Insurance
o Group Travel Insurance
o Optional Benefits: Optional Long Term Disability Insurance, Optional Dental Care Insurance, Optional Group Life Insurance, Optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Optional Critical Illness Insurance.
Please send a comprehensive curriculum vitae and the names of three references to:
86 High Road South