At Polyclinic Rehabilitation Institute, we understand the impact an injury can have on your quality of life.
We specialize in therapies and treatments for a broad spectrum of pain symptoms and conditions.
Our state-of-the-art facility offers comprehensive treatment options from chiropractic and massage to progressive treatments such as acoustic wave and aqua therapy. Our experienced team of physicians and therapists will customize a treatment plan to facilitate your recovery and restore you to optimum health.
We are now looking for an experienced Reflexology Specialist to join our growing team.
In this capacity, you will be responsible for:
o Assist in assessing guests' general physical conditions and determine any injured or pained areas, if any, and define the necessity for reflexology therapy;
o Use reflexology as a therapy based on the belief that certain areas on the hands and feet, known as reflexes, are joined to parts of the body by 'energy pathways';
o Participate in fun therapeutic exercises at relaxation area using music, dancing, games, etc. led by recreational therapist;
o Treat client by massaging/ stimulating their feet, hands, fingers, toes and ears to relieve physical stress and improve circulation to specific body areas;
o Perform relaxation massages to ensure maximum and safe performance for competitive teams;
o Provide advice regarding the customers’ general health lifestyle, including diet and physical activities;
o Ensure cleaning and maintenance of work environment before and after appointments.
Requirements of position:
• Post-secondary certification in the relevant field (e.g. Reflexology, Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, or Massage Therapy) and
• At least 1 year of experience as a reflexologist or at least 2 years of experience providing recreational/ exercise therapy or holistic healing therapy. Experience must not be older than 5 years.
• police clearance certificate/criminal record check may be requested before commencing employment,
• ASSET: First Aid Certification
• Knowledge of Russian language would be an asset
• Work location: 2 Champagne Drive, Unit B11, Toronto, ON, M3J 2C5
Compensation/Conditions: The pay for this position ranges between $18-$20/hour depending on skills and qualifications. Work week will consist of minimum 35 hours up to 44 hours depending on scheduled appointments. Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours/week during busy days.
If you fit the above noted requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org