Obstetrician/Gynaecologist - LOCUM (1 Year - Maternity Leave)
Eastern Health, the largest integrated Health Authority in Newfoundland and Labrador has an exciting career opportunity available for Locum - Obstetrician/Gynecologist for Carbonear General Hospital, Carbonear, Newfoundland.
The Carbonear General Hospital has 70 acute care beds. Services include; Anesthesia, Chemotherapy, Family Practice, General Surgery, Gynecology, Obstetrics, ICU, Internal Medicine, Laboratory, Palliative Care, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Respiratory Therapy, Pathology, Ultrasonography and 24-hour Emergency (Category A). Visiting specialties; include, Audiology, Urology, and Opthamology.
The general accountabilities of the position include:
• Providing service to the Obstetrical/Gynecology program within Eastern Health.
• Providing individualized direct and indirect patient care to patients within the Program.
• Providing treatments and therapies in which the incumbent had been adequately trained and supervised.
• The primary clinical work will involve medical care to our inpatient obstetrical and gynecological patients, outpatients in the ambulatory clinic and any inpatient consultations at the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre.
• Participation in the general ob/gyn on call is expected.
• You will be allocated a full day in the general OR initially and more time again depending upon availability of time.
• At the present time the on-call rota is 1 in 2 besides covering the caseroom, call involves emergency referrals with the adult system of Eastern Health in the Burin region as well as referrals from elsewhere in the Province. In addition the coverage of call includes provision of Emergency Services for inpatient after hours and on weekends.
• Any changes made in the on-call schedule will colleagues must be documented and circulated to the Clinical Chief as well as the clinical units and switchboard.
Terms of Employment
All applicants must be licensed to practice by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador and must be granted privileges by Eastern Regional Health Authority.
Education & Qualifications:
• Medical Degree
• Specialization in Internal medicine
• Experience is an asset but not an absolute requirement.
• Proficiency in English language is essential to the role.
• FRCP or equivalent.
Pay scale is in accordance with the Department of Health (DOH) salary guidelines.
$1335 per day
CONTACT PERSON/TITLE: Tracy Hedd
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Eastern Health
FULL BUSINESS ADDRESS: 760 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland A1N 3J5