Housekeeping Associates Needed - Holy Family Hospital and Langara Residence
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, specializes in healthcare and housekeeping. We provide laundry and linen, facilities engineering, patient transportation, and asset energy management.
What’s in it for you?
* Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
* Endless advancement opportunities.
* Friendly work environment.
* Competitive pay.
* Full training and development courses.
* Recognition and awards program.
* Many shifts available.
* Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
* Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Hiring Location: Holy Family Hospital and Langara Residence (Vancouver, BC)
Pay Rate: $15.37 (during probationary period)
$16.67 (after probationary period)
Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours per week: 36.25
Shifts: Many shifts available.
Date Posted: March 19th, 2019
Date Closed: April 19th, 2019
Duties & Qualifications:
As Housekeeper Associate, you will be responsible for:
* Cleaning and maintaining all common areas such as floors, stairs, carpets by performing tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto scrubbing and floor refinishing including stripping, sealing, waxing and polishing.
* Cleaning, washing and maintaining all patient contact items.
* Cleaning and disinfecting areas and items such as washrooms, interior windows, walls, glass, doors and mirrors.
* Collecting soiled linen and distributing clean linen according to guidelines.
* Stripping and washing beds, making beds, collecting and folding linen.
* Keeping current on training and education (WHMIS, Infection Control, housekeeping practices).
What we looking for:
* Minimum, grade 10 education.
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
* Able to read, write and speak the English language.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Previous experience in the healthcare environment will be an asset.
* Able to stand on feet for long period of times.
* Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!