JTB International Canada Ltd, a Global and Japanese Inbound Tour Operator, is seeking 3 team players and self starter to join our fast paced Corporate Business Department. The position is suitable for individuals who are seeking long term growth with a well established receptive tour operator.
- Plan and organize tour itineraries for Japanese tour groups travelling to Canada.
- Arrange and finalize all land operations include but not limited to accommodation,
meals, transportation, attractions, technical visits, special events, using computerized
In-house tour booking system.
- Research and provide answers to all inquiries from Japan Sales Office including
travel tips, information on tourist attractions and other services
- Promote Canada to Japan Sales Offices as a favourable travel destination
- Investigate new local destinations, hotels, attractions and other facilities, create
new products and proposals
- Special projects or group arrangements as assigned by immediate manager
Skills and Experiences:
- Completion of college courses required
- A college diploma in recognized institution or vocational training in tourism an asset.
- Experience in tour operations and sales preferred
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word, Email and Internet Research
- Customer Service oriented, attention to details and strong mathematical skills,
- Professional telephone manners, people oriented
- Strong communication skills in English required, both written and verbal, as the position
requires email and phone communication with local Canadian suppliers.
- Fluency in Japanese an asset, as the position may require email exchange and phone communication with Sales offices in Japan and Japanese-speaking clients
- During busy tour season overtime is required, payable according to current BC Employment Standards
Compensation and benefit:
- $17.25 / hour, 37.5 hrs/week
- Extended Health Care benefits and BC Provincial Medical coverage
- Annual paid vacation leave (standard 10 days prorated according to start date within calendar year)
- Sick leave 7.5hours/Month
- Travel product discounts (available through affiliated companies).
- Work Location: 8899 Odlin Crescent, Richmond, BC - Richmond Head Office,
Please send your resume to E-mail: email@example.com / Mail: 8899 Odlin Crescent, Richmond, BC V6X 3Z7 (Only those selected for an interview will be contacted)