|Company Name||AXA XL|
|Salary||$355,000 - $385,000|
|Position||Canadian Branch Manager|
|Experience Required||25 years +|
|Education Required||Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent Experience|
|Benefits||Bonus, Group Insurance, Group Health & Dental and other|
• Establish and execute business goals of XL Re America Inc. Canada Branch for the Canadian market.
• Manage underwriting, marketing, product development and pricing functions within the Branch.
• Ensure business goals and activities of the Branch are coordinated and consistent with other business units operating in the Canadian reinsurance market.
• Support Head Office business activity in the Canadian market.
• Coordinate White Label product and business development for North America within AXA XL. Build broader relationships with other AXA Group entities to maximize cross selling opportunities through AXA XL Re in North America.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities include,
• Establish Budget:
o Coordinate annual budget process within the Branch.
o Drive business activity to successful execution of budget goals.
• Direct marketing activities of the Branch:
o Ensure underwriting teams have identified target clients / placements for budget period,
o Assist business teams execute appropriate marketing activity.
• Manage underwriting team:
o Review and approve all new and renewal business dealt with by the underwriting teams,
o Ensure underwriting teams adhere to underwriting guidelines and corporate business standards,
o Establish development plans for high caliber staff.
• Price and underwrite a significant portion of the portfolio.
• Coordinate activities of the Branch to support AXA XL Re business goals within the Canadian reinsurance market:
o Ensure the Branch supports overall Segment business activity within the Canadian market.
o Maintain excellent relationships throughout the Segment to assist in execution of overall Segment business goals and to provide excellent customer service.
• Establish catastrophe exposure limits and manage the activities of the Branch within those limits.
• Participate in Canadian reinsurance market trade organisations:
o Actively represent the Branch / AXA XL Re within market trade organizations such as the RRC.
• Maintain head office relationships & support for Branch activities:
o Work closely with XLRA head office management to ensure maximum support for Branch activities.
• Identify and pursue business development opportunities:
o Maintain strong relationships with brokers and customers to ensure the Branch is approached with new business entering the market.
o Re-examine pricing assumptions for business Declined to determine which cases offer an opportunity to move to a positive business outcome. Coordinate underwriting & actuarial teams’ contribution to this process. Coordinate broker / customer re-engagement plan where appropriate.
o Coordinate broker / customer engagement plan for business where the Branch support was not accepted.
• Coordinate AXA XL Re white label activity in North America:
o Work with AXA XL Insurance NA underwriting teams to identify and develop product suitable for WL sales through AXA XL Re customers in North America.
o Coordinate training of AXA XL Re representatives to sell WL product.
o Manage and coordinate WL marketing to target Canadian & US customers.
o Build relationships across the AXA Group to enable AXA XL Re entities identify viable cross selling opportunities and support the Payer to Partner initiative.
• Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
• Specialized knowledge: Thorough understanding of industry standard property catastrophe models. & of property / casualty coverages and reinsurance product and proven track record in developing pricing models.
o Pricing systems knowledge, specifically XCAT / XLeRate
o Strong interpersonal skills,
o Public speaking training and experience.
o Be intimately familiar with property catastrophe models,
o Excellent underwriting & pricing skills.
• Other characteristics such as personal characteristics.
o Proven leadership ability.
• Professional Certification:
o ARE / FCII / CIP / CPCU qualifications preferred.
o Minimum 25 years’ experience in the reinsurance industry.
o Experience underwriting in major international reinsurance hubs.
o Proven product and business development track record.
During the period from October 1st to December 31st the evening and weekend working are standard and no vacation will be available during this period. The role also requires 24/7 coverage of business responsibilities. Marketing and business development activities will necessitate regular travel within Canada and some overseas travel.
Full-time Permanent role
Language requirements: English
Location /Business Address: 100 King St W, Suite 3020, Toronto ON M5X 1C9
Mailing Address: 100 Yonge St, Toronto ON M5C 2W1