API Developer (Restful API, NodeJS, Agile & Digital exp.)
“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting….or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Yangzom.
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our major telecommunication clients is looking for an API Developer (Restful API, NodeJS, Agile & Digital exp.)
Length: Contract term is 12 months with the possibility of an extension
Location: Vancouver, BC (100% Remote during the current situation)
Project details: Working with the Home Solutions Team
Team size and environment: Team of ~60 on a squad of ~6
Additional comments: Working with the API squad on the Home Solutions Team – working on building/maintaining their APIs – Looking for a true Senior on this, 3-5+ Years of experience developing Restful/SOAP APIs ideally in a Digital/Agile environment
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You are an expert level senior backend developer who’s passionate about crafting substantial experiences through well-engineered products. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team.
As a developer, you could be working on leading edge microservice APIs, supporting employees, and growing our digital footprint - what you help build will be the underlying systems that help our team achieve better customer experiences. The services you will build will need to be both performant and resilient.
You will be a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other seek problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility, and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
• Make endpoints for frontend apps and other backend services to use / write wrappers for other API developers.
• Ability to track the workflow whenever it is needed.
• Identify code problems, build solutions, and complete code reviews with other developers.
• Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
• Logging, error reporting and analytics.
• Reviewing accessibility as part of the development process.
• Collaborate with other teams to get technical requirements to develop a solution.
• Knowledge about database management and architecture (nice to have).
• Understand what technologies other teams are using.
• Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
• Familiar with Micro Service Architecture.
• Maintaining the best security, reliability, and performance practices.
• Assist and rapidly test solutions for the team.
• Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
• Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
• Responding to incident management calls 24/7 on a on-call schedule to identify production issues and provide resolutions.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle.
• A passion for new technologies, you have kept up to date on top trends and love to bring new ideas to your team.
• Experience in architecture of microservices.
• Expertise in writing RESTful APIs.
• Experience with incident management.
• Experience using Node.js.
• Familiarity with building and implementing unit and integration tests.
• Willing to work, on occasion, with SOAP APIs.
• Familiarity with security and authentication standards such as OAuth & JWT.
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment.
Must to have skills:
1. API Development Experience (RestfulAPIs/SOAP APIs)
2 NodeJS Development experience
3. Unit Testing/Integration Testing/Incident Management Experience
4. Microservices development/architecture experience
Nice to have skills: (please at least 3 skills/exp):
1. Security and Authentication experience (Using OAuth & JWT)
2. Agile/Scrum Experience
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!