Graphic Designer/Desktop Publisher
“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Prakash
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our well-established printing and consulting clients is looking for a(n) Graphic Designer/Desktop Publisher
Length: Contract term is 12 months
Location: Toronto, ON
• This role will be supporting a PC based client with the majority of the work produced using corporate templates in various Microsoft programs
• The ability to build client relationships and a focus on superior customer service is a key requirement of all applicants
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Gather client requirements for all document design and printing projects
• Completing design projects independently with minimal guidance
• Advise clients on the best use of media
• Maintain strong relationships with clients
• Provide alternative visual and composition ideas to client
• Create or modify digital documents using office, desktop publishing and web page design software - using various platforms
• Adapt existing graphic elements with newly created graphics to complete graphic/digital projects
• Educate the client and Account Associates on designing, preparing and producing quality color documents
• Learn optimal qualities and configurations of Printing Technology for jobs specific to the equipment
• Remain fluent in current industry software (i.e. Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, Web Publishing, Freehand, etc.) and graphic trends
• Work with print production staff to ensure hand-off design to production is efficient and error free
• Applicant needs to be professional, energetic and able manage numerous demands nationally
• Only looking for applicants who are seeking a long term position
• Experience in a corporate environment and using Word and PPT is required.
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Understand digital colour environment and requirements, able to prepress files in this environment
• Understand colour issues as it relates to offset and digital colour printing
• Ability to comprehend and translate customer requests to job requirements
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
• 2 to 4 years graphic design/fine arts diploma/degree from recognized institution or post-secondary PC; Mac technology or graphics training or equivalent work experience in the graphics industry experience
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with graphics design; desktop publishing and web page design software; digital colour preflight and prepress workflow competency
• Creative talent as evidenced by a portfolio of completed work.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!