Network and System Administrator
|Company Name||InfoSpec Systems Inc.|
InfoSpec Systems Inc. (Profitek)
108 – 2688 Shell Road, Richmond, BC V6X 4E1
Profitek is a leading software development company specializing in Point-of-Sale (POS) solutions for the Hospitality and Retail industries.
Founded in 1985 and based in Vancouver, Canada, Profitek has three offices in Canada, an office in Wuhan, China and a growing dealership network across North America. Profitek is unique in providing dedicated POS software suites for the Hospitality and Retail sectors. Mixed hospitality and retail environments such as museums, zoos, campuses, or any organization with both retail and food service operations are ideal candidates for Profitek’s solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Network and System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks (LANs and WANs). You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Network and System Administrator (NOC 2281)
• Provide network and application support to all of our corporate office locations;
• Maintain and support internal and third-party software packages and escalate issues to vendors as appropriate;
• Build and deploy technology infrastructure to assist and automate maintenance, security, and deployment processes;
• Architect network and server virtualization to support growth and security requirements;
• Research and resolve problems within the scope of responsibility, escalating to appropriate departmental staff any issues that may adversely impact systems;
• Identify processes and procedures that can be automated and make recommendations to test and monitor systems’ performance;
• Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users/groups;
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties;
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network;
• Provide technical support for employees (Vancouver office and other offices); set up accounts and workstations;
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability;
• Manage hardware assets including maintenance, inventory and upgrades, Manage software licenses, compliance and renewals;
• Apply discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems of customers/company;
• Ensure that hardware nodes used for machine communications to the cloud are correctly configured; also provide hardware and software support;
• Carry out review and evaluation of problems between machines and host network at customer locations and resolve them effectively;
• Perform revision and evaluation of newly created software, as well as test it for bugs following the direction of the manager;
• Carry out evaluation and diagnosis of customers’ issues, applying independent judgement and discretion and provide the necessary responses and solutions as quickly as possible. Involve other teams to resolve customers’ problems when necessary;
• Provide relevant training to company staff and customers on basic networking practices through formal classroom setting or at customers’ location;
• Apply various advanced tools in providing effective support for remote services product.
• Have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced technical or network operations role within a technical support environment;
• Possess Network + Certification or equivalent knowledge/experience
• Strong ability to work without direct supervision, applying independent judgment in analyzing and resolving customers’ problems
• Proven ability to be effective working in a team
• Strong knowledge and understanding of basic networking concepts, including IP Addressing/subnetting/protocols, and the ability to training company staff and customers on how to use such techniques effectively
• Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and windows networking, including TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSL, IP, HTTP, MQTT, SSH
• Profound Windows operating systems knowledge
• Strong ability to prioritize tasks in line with production and departmental objectives
• Exceptional ability to diagnose and resolve various problems independently and perform modification when necessary
• Strong communication skills to effectively pass strategies, ideas, problems, and solutions to customers and co-workers in writing and verbal
• Ability to organize and write service reports, as well as other relevant supportive documentation
• Willingness and ability to travel to various customer sites when necessary to fix their issues
• Strong ability to generate effective strategies and solutions to fixing problems.
Compensation: C$63,600 annually (Permanent Full-time position; 40 hours work week)
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.