Web Developer (React.js, Redux AND Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Tanvi
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our telecommunication clients is looking for a Web Developer (React.js, Redux AND Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
Length: Contract term is 12 months with the possibility of an extension)
Location: Toronto, ON (Remote)
As Web Developer you will be collaborating with internal teams to enhance our interfaces in order to drive customer engagement. As a custodian of the customer experience, you will be responsible for enhancing our customer experience through new features and functionality, and by introducing best practices that support system reliability.
- Support content updates into a CMS and/or Contentful
- Create landing pages, banners, and editing/enhancing existing web components with new features.
- When required, update the site for product launches/releases very early in the morning or on evenings/weekends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate visual designs, user experience flows and content into functional and engaging interfaces
- Meet with internal stakeholders to better understand and discuss requirements
- Learn new technologies to keep up with current trends and make recommendations on when they are appropriate to use
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of the development process.
- 3+ years of experience as a web developer building enterprise applications using React.js, Node.js and Redux applications
- Strong baseline knowledge of React.js fundamentals and familiarity with latest React updates and practices
- Familiarity with Docker and experience with source control revision tools- GIT
- A personal portfolio demonstrating technical expertise
-Web Development / Développement web – 4 years
- Experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with incorporating Adobe Launch (analytics) into consumer applications
- Experience with coding in a Shopify environment
- Experience building automated test scripts
- Strong baseline knowledge of React.js fundamentals and real time experience with Redux for managing state of the applications.
- Experience using a CMS and/or Contentful – configuring components and editing content
- Understanding of web development process, web standards, accessibility and performance practices
- Experience designing and documenting APIs
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming).
Great to have:
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
- Are detail-oriented, with very strong attention to detail
- Have great communication and collaboration skills
- Are an independent thinker and self-starter
- Good eye for usability and web design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deliverables and work with minimal supervision
- Thrive in a lean, fast-paced and changing environment and having no problem facing tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Proven ability to take complete ownership of a project, by asking the right questions and knowing the results from launch to completion, demonstrating flexible thinking
Preferred Professional Designation/Certification:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience This role may be sourced from all Canadian locations.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!