|Highest Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Years Experience||1+ to 2 Years|
Located at 2822 E 43rd Ave, Vancouver, BC, V3MA05, Striven Consulting is currently seeking one (1) IT-Consultant. Position will be full time permanent position (40 hrs week) with a starting wage of $38.97 hr. English essential. Ability to interact effectively with the public and work in a strong team environment would be a definite asset. First Nations and Newcomers are encouraged to apply.
You will be entitled to paid vacation annually in accordance with the Company's vacation policy, which may be amended from time to time while adhering to Provincial labor laws. The Company's current vacation benefits accrue as follows:
Completed Years of Service Paid Vacation Days
0-9 1.25 days per month (15 working days per year)
10+ 1.5 days per month (18 working days per year)
May be entitled to standard benefit plan depending on eligibility under requirements of the plan (Pacific Blue Cross).
Information technology (IT) consultant’s duties will include:
• Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
• Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
• Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
• Coaches and mentors other team members to achieve high quality outcomes
• Responsible for managing project test risks, issues and all critical items impacting test schedule and quality.
• Coordinate the test resources (environment, data, tools) to milestones day-to-day
• Identifies and drives process, tooling and practice improvements proactively within testing
• Ensuring appropriate test coverage through the development of the coverage models (risk based testing, mind-maps or alternative methods)
• Drive “Shift Left” activities and behaviors within the testing team
• Ensuring appropriate collaboration within the Testing Team and across groups to ensure our collective success
• Identify & escalate problems to the Project Manager, business analysts and development teams as required. For example: scope changes, tasks/milestone dates not being met
• Regular analysis of defect metrics and appropriate re-planning of test effort when required
• With support of the Business Analyst, provide inputs to the business team to enable effective UAT planning and delivery.
• Issue daily test status reporting towards leadership providing summary metrics and updates for test progress and issues
Skills: Innovative, Social, Directive, Verbal & Written Comprehension.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
• Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
• Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
Please forward resumes by responding to this ad with subject line "Striven". Only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.