Kanset Services Inc. is an immigration consultancy company with an energetic, dynamic and fun group of professionals. Established in 2012, we’ve been working together to build one of GTA’s leading immigration consultancy and recruiting companies. With a focus on service excellence, our clients include small businesses, corporations and families from all over the world.
At this time, KANSET is looking for an experienced Controller to join our team. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Controller will be a key member of the executive leadership team and involved in most aspects of the business, helping to develop and deploy the company’s strategic business plan.
Reporting to the partners, the Controller is accountable for the financial management of the organization and oversees all fiscal responsibilities. The Controller is responsible for accurate and timely communication of financial information, analysis and business results to partners.
The Controller will manage a small team within the accounting department, and will liaise closely with the Director of Operations and, occasionally, with department managers as required. As our company grows, so will the scope of the position.
• Supervision and management of all accounting functions for KANSET group of companies
• Planning and implementation of efficient billing processes according to industry and company standards
• Client trust account reconciliations to ensure compliance with regulator (ICCRC)
• Administration of payroll and benefits
• Preparation of annual tax returns (under CA supervision)
• Handling client and CRA inquiries
• Preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports for senior management
• Analysis, forecasts and financial planning
• Reviewing cash receipts and daily ledgers
• HR responsibilities: interviewing, onboarding, performance reviews, conflict resolution
• Other projects and tasks as required
This position is ideal for an accounting management professional who prefers a mix of “hands on” accounting, financial management and strategic planning. We are seeking a dynamic, ambitious and self-motivated individual with exceptional leadership skills who has the ability to plan, implement and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals to achieve desired results.
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of intermediate to senior practical accounting experience preferably within legal services field
• Accounting designation: CPA (CA, CMA, CGA)
• Exceptional computer skills including proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel and other MS applications, and using email at a highly proficient level
• Leadership skills and exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities
• Confident and enthusiastic self-starter
• Experience in immigration firm is an asset
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.