MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
|Company Name||Topmarké Attorneys|
|Position||MAREKET RESEARCH ANALYST|
|Job Location||North York, Ontario|
|Experience Required||2 Years|
At Topmarké Attorneys, we dedicate ourselves to working hard, providing superior legal services and earning our clients' trust through service excellence, professionalism, knowledge, diligence, speed, focus and integrity. We are committed to serving our clients with highly experienced and dedicated workforce and our goal is to keep expanding by adding new associates and support staff who share our core value.
The company is looking for a full-time, permanent Research Analyst for our North York, Toronto office. You will plan, direct, and conduct in-depth research on Family law, Adoption, Legal Services, Social Justice and Poverty Alleviation Initiatives. Working knowledge of Family law and social diversity issues, Immigration and diverse country culture is essential to this role. This position will involve working primarily from the North York office. Some travel may be required.
If you are a results-focused, planning-oriented and capable individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision and are looking to become a core member of our growing, dynamic team, submit your resume to us today!
• Direct and oversee all activities pertaining to preparing, compiling, updating internal reports and comparative research on marketing strategies.
• Collaborate with Partners and Associates to gather relevant articles, educational texts, and research papers to prepare reports of social, cultural and contextual family structure, family law, social and legal issues in Canada and African countries such as Nigeria.
• Work with Topmarké’s Partners and Associate lawyers with internal research projects, analyzing case studies and evaluate results (literature reviews; compiling and analyzing data; and report writing).
• Handle intakes generated by marketing avenues to determine if prospective “consultee” might benefit from family law services.
• Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas in relevant countries to understand client’s circumstances in relation to family and refugee case files.
• Develop and shape the strategic direction and priorities of the family law project.
• Engage in both public facing and behind the scenes research and analysis on family law and adoption issues both domestically and internationally to help inform policy and legislative discussion for partners.
• Topmarké’s participation in and hosting of legislative and civic society conferences, workshops, meetings and lectures.
• Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess future social and cultural trends and immigration patterns to assess firm’s clientele base.
• Provide analysis and insight on Topmarké’s strengths, competitive advantages, and areas of improvement for the Managing Partner, proposing and executing action plans as needed.
• Coordinate with Partners, Associates and client to deliver business solutions and compile performance reporting especially family law project.
• Conduct surveys and evaluate customer and legal services being provided to help supervise and provide coaching plans for employees and new recruits.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Strong familiarity and experience in conducting legal and sociological research i.e. Immigration, Human Rights, Family structure, Family law and Social Justice Issues.
• Experienced with consolidating and presenting analysis to small and large groups on projects assigned. Previous research experience around social issues in Nigeria and West Africa e.g. social dynamics, social issues, family structure, immigration and human rights will be an asset.
• Skilled at navigating/research on the Internet and within communities with sensitivity to different culture, personal and social diversity issues.
• Ability to liaise and develop working relationship with family law agencies, adoption agencies, lawyers, community services and clients to gather marketing and industry requirements and necessary data.
• Familiarity with government legislations and willingness to learn issues pertaining to immigration processes, refugee and Family law.
• Possess ability to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities; be flexible working as part of a team.
• Strong communication skills, able to lead, direct, and coordinate projects across departments to achieve goals
• Good software knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)