|Company Name||VA-GO Construction|
|Salary||$27.00 per hour|
VA-GO Construction was founded in 2005 by trades professionals with passion for perfection and creativity. We specialize in landscaping and masonry and our policy is simple: Try to create the best quality work for an affordable price. We don't want to be a large company with many crews handling dozens of jobs. We rather stay small but know our clients personally, because the warranty is always in the person.
At this point, we are looking for a hard-working, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented Landscape Carpenter to join our team of talented individuals. This is a hands-on job and would require you to work long hours depending on the job and our clients’ requests.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Participate in reading and interpreting drawings and sketches to ensure that we follow final approved designs
• Prepare layouts and ensure measures and cuts of wood materials are done accordingly
• Select, measure, and mark wood and wood-replacement materials for foundations, frames, doors, stairs, walls, and roofs, and other fixtures
• Fit and install trims and beams and ensure durability
• Depending on the project, may maintain and repair wood fixtures during renovations/construction
• May train and assist in apprenticeship training
• Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
• Ability to problem solve and to pay close attention to detail
• Good eye and hand coordination
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Ability to work at heights, if necessary
• At least 2 years of experience as Construction/Renovations Carpenter;
• Excellent experience working with landscaping forms, outdoor fixtures, and additions;
• Capacity to work outside regardless of weather conditions;
• Ability to perform demo, if necessary;
• Secondary school diploma is mandatory (post-secondary education is an asset);
• Good knowledge of English language (written and oral);
Compensation and Conditions:
• Permanent, non-seasonal position
• $27.00 per hour
• 40-hour work week
• Occasional overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week
Work Location: Client sites across GTA
How to apply:
Please apply by email at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter - please indicate “Landscape Carpenter” in the Subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all submissions from all applicants. However, please note that only those qualified will be invited for an interview.
Business Address: 13 Natale Court, Bradford, ON, L3Z 3B1