Goodman Sportswear is a full-service global sourcing and apparel manufacturing company that has been operating in Toronto Region for over 10 years. We are seeking a full-time Recruitment Officer to join our team.
• Develop and execute human resources plans and procedures for all project personnel.
• Partner with teams to build effective sourcing and assessment, with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations.
• Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
• Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the organization, implementing any new processes and fine-tuning standard processes for recruiting to deliver the quality results to the customer.
• Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for the most ‘hard to fill’ openings.
• Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
• Create and update job descriptions as needed.
• Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
• Efficiently and effectively, fill open positions.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
• Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
• Set up candidate interviews, disposition candidates, and verbal offers of employment.
• Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
• Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
• Develop administration of the total compensation program.
• Conduct interviews and prepare job offers.
• Informe job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
• Assist with employee relations counseling and outplacement counseling.
• Prepare or update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
• Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
• Maintains a safe working environment.
• May assist the Labor Relations Director and/or Specialist with administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or equivalent
• 5+ years of Human Resources experience (knowledge and understanding of ethical, legal, and compliance standards of business)
• Ability to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels of staff
• Strong leadership skills
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound mathematical, judgement, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• A high level of attention to detail is key to success in this role
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to communicate in Chinese fluently
Wages and Benefits:
• $31 per hour, 35 hours per week
• Scarborough, ON
Interested, qualified Applicants may send their resume email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.