Baker - Upper Crust
UPPER CRUST IS HIRING!
For over 30 years, Upper Crust has been providing premium quality bakery goods for the food service and retail market channels.
Our products are distributed around the world from our manufacturing facilities located in Toronto, Canada. Our brands represent the highest quality and most innovative products available on the market today.
Explore our website to learn about the broad range of artisan breads & rolls, bagels, croissants, Danish pastries, and puff pastries that we produce: https://uppercrust.com/
We are currently looking for 2 Bakers to join our team! The Baker will be part of our Samples and Special Orders kitchen, which is responsible for developing new product lines of customized bakery goods and testing new recipes before they are introduced into mass production. The ideal candidate should be organized, attentive, focused on food quality and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
• Measure and combine ingredients to prepare dough and batters based on approved recipes, and bake pastries, artisan breads and rolls, pies, etc.;
• Test ingredients and finished baked goods to ensure that each item meets quality standards;
• Maintain stock to ensure ready supply for experimental recipes;
• Keep records of deliveries, inventory, and production;
• Ensure the workplace is always maintained clean and organized and work is performed in a safe manner.
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• At least 6 months of related experience;
• Strong time and resource management, and planning skills;
• Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products;
• Basic math and computer skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a team player;
• Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
• Permanent, Full-time position;
• $15.50 per hour for 40 hours per week;
• Overtime may be required and will be paid at 1.5 of your regular hourly rate after 44 hours per week;
• Benefits: Group Medical and Dental Plan.
LOCATION OF WORK
55 Canarctic Drive Toronto Canada M3J 2N7
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Baker’ in the subject.