Fabric Cutting Department Foreman/ Forewoman
Dream Star Bedding Co. Ltd. is a well-established company that has been in operation for over 30 years. Known for our innovation and strict quality control practices, our strong reputation continues to grow. We pride ourselves on using the finest quality fabric, orthopedically designed high tempered coils and sophisticated stitching design for every mattress we construct.
At this time, we are looking for a Fabric Cutting Department Foreman/ Forewoman with previous experience in a supervisory role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise, schedule and coordinate all daily activities of the production workers
• Coordinate work activities with other departments
• Perform calculations for material and supply requirements, requisition materials
• Ensure high standards of quality
• Analyze and resolve work-related issues
• Inspect finished work to ensure quality standards
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and finished product quality
• Take an active role in the selection and training of new team members in job duties and safety procedures
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 4 years of previous sewing experience, as well as experience in a fabric product manufacturing setting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of fabric types, sewing techniques, production safety and productivity
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Permanent, full-time position
- $24.50 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($36.75/ hour) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Work location: 301 Flint Road, Unit 3, North York, Ontario, M3J 2J2
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.