Fitter / Steel Fabricator (NOC: 7235) – 4 vacancies
|Company Name||Megatech Engineering Ltd.|
|Position||Fitter / Steel Fabricator|
|Job Location||Langley, British Columbia|
|Experience Required||Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Fitter/Steel Fabricator required|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Benefits||CPP, WCB, EI, MSP and Extended medical and dental after probation period|
|Recruiters May Contact||Yes|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
Title: Fitter / Steel Fabricator (NOC: 7235) – 4 vacancies
Employer: Megatech Engineering Ltd.
Address: 19609 - 96 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia, V1M 3C9
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Dayshift and afternoon shift available, rotating shifts may apply
Salary: $30.00 Hourly, for 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: CPP, WCB, EI, MSP and Extended medical and dental after probation period
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions available: 4
Education: High School Diploma, Trade Certificate
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Not Applicable
Experience: Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Fitter/Steel Fabricator required
• Experience in plate work and structural
• Experience on Mild Steel, Stainless steel and Aluminum
• Familiar with FCAW, SMAW, SAW, MIG welding process will be an asset
• Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials as required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently.
• Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts.
• Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications.
• Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding.
• Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, cutting torches, grinders and drills, equipment to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components.
• Install fabricated components in final product.
Weight Handling: Up to 25 kg (55 lbs)
Work Location Information: 19609 - 96 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia, V1M 3C9
Essential Skills: Document use, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Finding information, Continuous learning
Megatech Engineering Ltd believes in equality and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and Permanent residents will be given priority.
Business Profile: Megatech Engineering specializes in the design and fabrication of materials transport and handling systems, such as truck dumpers, screw conveyors, pneumatic conveyors, belt conveyors, and air supported belt conveyors.