Interior Design Technologist
At BL Wood Working & Design, we bring a client’s vision to life. With over 10 years of experience, we can handle any project from manufacturing and installation of custom/ architectural millwork to kitchen designs. Tell us what you like and we will make it happen.
We pride ourselves in the quality workmanship of our product, and most importantly, we strive for satisfaction of all our clients we are involved in the manufacturing and installation of products. Our products and services include custom millwork, cabinetry, custom furniture design, custom doors and windows, wall panels and coverings, door and window trim, and other such products.
Whether you're an architect, a general contractor designer or simply an individual with a personal vision, we offer the depth of knowledge and resources to completely manage the job from start to finish.
At this point, we are looking for an experienced Interior Design Technologist to join our team. The successful candidate will assist in interpreting design proposals and communicating these ideas to ensure that we provide the best possible custom-fit furniture/cabinetry and space designs to our clients.
Custom Cabinetry and Furniture Design
- Assist in initial design proposal, including costs estimates, selection of materials, and colour patterns;
- Provide initial drafts and proposals based on client’s preliminary requests;
- Oversee pre/post-installation care procedures to ensure that all items are durable and can withstand construction work;
- Consult with management in finalizing annual catalog and product offerings
- Prepare final project manual with agreed cost estimates and material selections;
- Oversee finalization of designs and drafts, and if applicable, suggest revisions to further cater to client’s demands;
- Prepare and assist with checking and reviewing of specifications for interior construction, space planning, material finishes, fixtures, equipment, and millwork;
- Act as support personnel during project implementation, including on-site and off-site design alterations based on client’s property requirements;
- Work on several projects with the ability to focus on priority projects, if needed;
- Prepare specialized post-installation care procedures as requested by clients;
- May train new Interior Design Technologists
- A university degree or college diploma/certificate in Interior Design
- 2+ years of work experience in interior design or intermediate design
- Advanced knowledge in millwork detailing and carpentry
- Extensive experience working with the following software programs: AutoCAD, SketchUp/3DS Max, Revit, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Microsoft Office suite programs
- Excellent English language skills
- A valid Ontario’s license would be considered as an asset
- Permanent, Full-time position
- $25.50 per hour, 40 hours of work per week
- Applicable overtime rate applicable after 44 hours of work per week
- Location of work: Unit 1, 15 Gormley Industrial Avenue, Gormley, ON L0H 1G0; Please note that you may be required to travel occasionally. All related expenses will be covered by the company.
Does this sound like you?
All interested applicants may reply to this posting or you may send your resumes or portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Interior Design Technologist” on the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those who are qualified will be selected for interview.
Please visit our website at http://blwoodworking.ca/index.htm to know more about our products and services.