Machine Operator – Welding Maintenance
Artech is a machine shop servicing manufacturing and other machines and technologies. We provide our customers with the high-quality technological service in a timely manner and proud ourselves in having 100% customer satisfaction when it comes to urgent service or maintenance of specialized functions, tools and general machine operations.
Artech is a company to go for commercial and industrial machinery and equipment, and we are proud to provide our services to industrial and manufacturing companies all across the province of Ontario.
At this time, we are looking for a professional Machine Operator – Welding Maintenance to join our team of professional repairers, technicians and other staff and complement our full-range services by supporting maintenance services. We are looking for an individual who would complete custom orders in a timely manner as per customers’ requirements and expectations. An ideal candidate would be someone specializing in brand new functioning machines as well as rehabilitated machines and fabricating different parts for them.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run general machine diagnostics and define measures to be taken in terms of fixing, repairing specific functions or replacing particular machine parts,
- Determine cost of labour and materials necessary for proper maintenance,
- Requisition missing materials to ensure timely servicing of the machines,
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and instructions for repair,
- Use various automatic and manual tools, such as metal shaping, straightening and bending machines to form the necessary parts,
- Repair malfunctioning or worn metal parts by fixing their shape, adding new layers, or fabricate new parts to replace broken ones,
- Position, secure and align cutting equipment into machine tool/ equipment holders with the help of manual tools,
- Operate cutting, soldering and GMAW (gas metal arc welding) or SAW (submerged arc welding) equipment to attach or detach necessary fragments,
- Place, replace and remove metal chips in machinery, when necessary, as a part of maintenance process,
- Test repaired equipment using necessary tools to ensure proper machine functionality,
- Clean the work area after the shift and maintain neat working environment,
- Comply with health and safety requirements when using and storing any hazardous materials or cutting equipment to avoid any workplace hazards.
- High school diploma is required,
- Post-secondary education in welding, such as vocational school, training or apprenticeship would be an asset,
- Specialization in machinery and equipment manufacturing, operation or repair (e.g. automotive, aircraft, manufacturing, etc.),
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in metal welding manufacturing, fabrication or maintenance environment,
- Previous experience in servicing manufacturing equipment would be an asset,
- Manual dexterity and attention to details,
- Ability to work in a team and independently,
General knowledge and ability to operate different welding equipment.
- Permanent, full-time position
- $23.25 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($34.50/ hour) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Benefits: WSIB
- Work location: 60 Millwick Drive, North York, ON M9L 1Y3
- Great environment with professional individual approach and friendly atmosphere
To apply, please send your resume by email to email@example.com. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.