Mechanical Engineering Technologist
|Position||Mechanical Engineering Technologist|
|Experience Required||3 Years|
|Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
Artech is a machine shop servicing manufacturing and other machines and technologies. We provide our customers with the high-quality technological service in a timely manner and proud ourselves in having 100% customer satisfaction when it comes to urgent service or maintenance of specialized functions, tools and general machine operations.
Artech is a company to go for commercial and industrial machinery and equipment, and we are proud to provide our services to industrial and manufacturing companies all across the province of Ontario.
At this time, we are looking for a professional Mechanical Engineering Technologist to join our team of professional repairers, technicians and other staff and complement our full-range services by supporting maintenance services.
We are looking for an individual who would able to work with various mechanical and power systems and machine designs. The ideal candidate would be someone specializing in brand new functioning mechanical machines as well as rehabilitated machines.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and suggest mechanical maintenance for mechanical and machine designs, models and drawings and present them to
• Serve as the first point of contact for all issues concerning mechanical systems design – equipment manufacturing;
• Conduct site visits to test and troubleshoot manufactured machines and materials being used to ensure performance and strength;
• Monitor, oversee and inspect all mechanical equipment installation projects;
• Report any sub-standard job quality and suggest processes that may optimize work results;
• Recommend new machine specifications to re-design old mechanical equipment and ensure they are environmental friendly and
• Provide timely solutions to project specific issues, including technical and manufacturing-related issues;
• Initiate preliminary preventative maintenance and implement management systems under supervision of Professional Engineer;
• Maintain and maximize efficiency of mechanical systems used in projects to decrease maintenance and repair costs;
• Assist Professional Engineer in preparing for compliance and audit reporting as per provincial and federal standards;
• Coach and train other mechanical technologists and technicians, especially newly hired, in performing the above-listed duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Technologist
- Specialization in machinery and equipment maintenance, including operation or repair (e.g. automotive, aircraft, manufacturing, etc.),
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity with excellent understanding of heavy general machining engineering, design,
- Previous experience in servicing manufacturing equipment would be an asset,
- Manual dexterity and attention to details,
- Ability to work in a team and independently,
General knowledge and ability to operate different welding equipment,
- Good English language skills
- Permanent, full-time position
- $33.00 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($49.50/ hour) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Benefits: WSIB
- Work location: 60 Millwick Drive, North York, ON M9L 1Y3
- Great environment with professional individual approach and friendly atmosphere
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.