Structural Steel Erectors, Installers and Welders Needed
|Company Name||Alloy Fusion Inc.|
|Position||Erectors, Installers and Welders|
|Experience Required||3 years min|
|Education Required||CWB Certifcation|
The Structural Steel Site Installer will be responsible for the fabrication and installation of beams, columns, stairs, mezzanines, roof reinforcements, structural steel in residential housing, commercial walls, overhead bridge cranes and other misc. structural steel projects that require knowledge in multiple welding processes and steel erection.
• Perform general ground procedures, steel structure assembly, raising and securing structural steel.
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications and fitting as per engineers’ instructions.
• Lifting and guiding components into position with cranes.
• Lining up and levelling of all steelwork before bolting or welding it into place.
• Work from mobile elevated work platforms to gain safe access to sections off the ground.
• Work on the structure itself using proper working at heights procedures.
• Loading / Offloading trucks and staging materials.
• Assist with regular maintenance/repairs on equipment and tools.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, snow and rain.
• Report any safety issues to supervisor/project manager immediately.
• Always maintain safety mindedness by wearing the required PPE and following all health and safety policies and procedures.
• Represent the company in a professional manner and treat fellow team members with dignity and respect
• Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines.
• Fluent in English
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience with MIG and SMAW Certification
• Safety Training in: Working at Heights, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Safe Climbing, Rigging Techniques
• Have a valid G license (AZ also preferred)
• Good communication, oral and written skills
• Must be physically fit and able to handle the rigorous tasks associated with the job (i.e.: heavy lifting, climbing ladders, out-of-position work, etc.)
• Ability to analyze and problem solve.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a dynamic working environment while working within prescribed timelines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that can at times be physically demanding.
• High attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, strong organizational, and time management skills.
• Possess a calm and positive attitude under pressure
• Must be comfortable working at heights
• Read and interpret blueprints and engineered drawings
• Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
• Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
• Basic understanding of industry standard installation guidelines.