TIG (tungsten inert gas) welders
|Company Name||CL CUSTOM FABRICATION & SERVICE|
|Salary||$ 28.00 per hour|
|Experience Required||three years of work experience|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
7151306 Canada Ltd Operating as CL CUSTOM FABRICATION & SERVICE
1726 Mattawa Avenue, Mississauga, ON, L4X 1K1
CL Custom Fabrication & Service serves customers and prospects in the GTA and surrounding areas from Kitchener in the west, Hamilton and Guelph in the West, Orangeville in the North and Kingston in the east end. Line of business is the fabrication of custom stainless-steel products and equipment serving the food service industry, pharmaceutical, construction general contractors and builders, to name a few. Such products and equipment include hot and cold tables, preparation tables, cabinets, shelving, decorative applications, cladding of walls and structures, hood and exhaust installation.
We are currently searching for two (2) TIG (tungsten inert gas) welders with minimum 3 years of experience working with thin gauge stainless steel in the food service industry.
What attributes are we looking for in a Welder?
Weld and assemble with precision items and structures of various sizes that come through from the production line, using different materials as per work specifications and within desired timelines. Demonstrate robust and confident welding and polishing skills when working with stainless steel. Understand and apply welding techniques as required; visualize what the finished product should look like, referring to drawings and/or sketch specifications provided. Operate welding equipment with skill, working quickly and skillfully with hands. Always strive for professional and high-quality finishes as per company standards and accept responsibility for the work performed.
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
• Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
• Use various welding equipment to perform welding services, such as manual and automated welding units
• Use shop tools and equipment as required to achieve desired welding results such as Grinder, Gas and Arc welding machines, finishing tools, etc.
• Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment in good order, referring to management immediately if any equipment or tool is unsafe or breaks
• Assemble parts, referring to assembly drawings to achieve final product requirements
• Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
• Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
• Adjust as required welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
• Follow escalation protocols as needed
• General assistance in Company operations as required
• Work well with team members to ensure deadlines are met, referring any escalations to Shop supervisor
• Maintain and cleanup work area daily
• Apply clear communication skills, promoting positive teamwork and work environment
• Other duties and responsibilities as required
Applicants must demonstrate progressive custom welding techniques to promote a positive company image.
Area of Specialization:
Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Face shield, Welding helmet
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Tight deadlines
Work Site Environment:
Flexibility, Team player, Client focus, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Arc welding machine, Gas welding machine, Spot welding machine, Soldering machine
Type of Materials:
Stainless steel, Aluminum alloys
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Position 40 hours per week
Hours of work:
From Monday to Friday
The shift is from 7:00 am to 3:30pm
Expected to regularly work 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday for 8.5 hours a day. These hours may change based on business needs. You may also be asked to work additional hours beyond the regular hours, when business needs require it, and will be expected to be flexible with availability.
$ 28.00 per hour
Language of work:
Fluent in English written and verbal communication required
Location of work:
1726 Mattawa Avenue, Mississauga, ON, L4X 1K1
Three years of work experience in the trade
As an equal opportunity employer CL Custom Fabrication & Service is proud to welcome all qualified individuals including but not limited to Youth, Aboriginals and Newcomers to Canada etc.
We respect social distancing and mask wearing requirements. We will be transparent with our company COVID-19 health and safety risks and procedures. We want to make sure all employees are comfortable and understand their role in taking care of themselves and other co-workers.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply for this job application.