WestCoast Sightseeing Ltd (see https://westcoastsightseeing.com) located at Unit 1B, 2350 Beta Avenue; Burnaby, BC V5C 5M8, has 1 permanent and full time vacancy for a bus mechanic. This is not general automotive and heavy duty mechanic position but requires experience working on passenger buses specifically.
Duties to be performed on Buses will include but are not limited the following;
• Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor.
• Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
• Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
• Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
• Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial buses including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Applicants are expected to have relevant Red Seal or Provincial Certification as mechanics from any jurisdiction. Applicants without a Canadian Interprovincial or a BC Certificate of Qualification will be expected to obtain it within 12 months of starting work.
• Experience on buses are required.
• Applicants are required to complete shift work, bothafter hours and on weekends, depending on the need of the employer..
• We deal with passengers and not freight,therefore applicants must understand the urgency of breakdowns and the importance of having buses that are in excellent working condition..
• Poses a methodical and proactive approach to vehicle maintenance programs.
• Maintain and adhere to all commercial vehicle safety standards as stipulated by the province of British Columbia.
• Must have strong customer service skills, with the ability to see issues from the guests’ perspective.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
Wages and Benefits
• Wages depending on experience
• Overtime after 40 hours per week or 8 hours per day
• . Annual Vacation of 4%
• We do not pay relocation fees
• Tourism industry benefits