Tool & Die Maker
Kapco Tool & Die Ltd. We specialize in deep draw, aluminum, ultra high-strength steel (UHSS) and complex stamping dies. Based in Windsor Ontario.
$24 to $29 hourly with incremental wage increases as per performance and company policy.
Benefit packages includes prescriptions, group insurance benefits, drug plan, dental & vision coverage, life insurance, AD&D insurance, RRSP match, and relocation assistance.
- Read and interpret die drawings, CAD data and sketches to identify information needed to produce an automotive metal stamping die.
- Verify materials for type, grade, and dimensions, to ensure work piece material is correct for the application according to engineering drawings.
- Direct the fabrication, fitting, spotting, and assembly of dies and die sets.
- Line up die components and assemblies to alignments and clearances required by engineering diagrams.
- Set up and operate press for try-out and spotting of die
- Analyze and problem solve any quality or functional defects in the die. Measure, modify, and re-test until the die passes final quality inspection.
- Direct and organize the critical path of die build and trial to meet schedule constraints.
- Analyze and rework tooling using circle grid analysis, CMM reports and blue spotting.
- Assist in training of apprentices.
Skills, Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years experience or diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience building progressive, transfer, and robotic transfer for automotive metal stamping applications.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM and CNC machining.
- Knowledge and background in automotive sheet metal stamping, formability and design.
Terms of Employment:
This is a permanent, full-time position (40hours plus anticipated overtime) requiring shift work.
3200 Devon Dr. Windsor ON
Language of work: English
Kapco Tool & Die Ltd.
3200 Devon Drive
Windsor ON N8X 4L4
Phone (519) 966-0320
Fax: (519) 966-6130