|Company Name||VanPeople Network Ltd.|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
VanPeople.com is one of the leading online media company providing branded network of localized platforms targeting Chinese users in BC. With over 400,000 registered users and more than 4,000 local businesses running advertisements on our website, there are a total of over 1 million users have engaged with our services. With the growing popularity of mobile social networking, we launched VanPeople App for both IOS and Android in 2015 which has been downloaded over 80,000 times and serves over 300,000 users.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer (NOC5241) to join our team. It is a full-time position (35 hours/week), $29.00/hour, paid on a semi-monthly basis with 10 days of paid vacation. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.vanpeople.com. Our business primary operating address is at 1028 Metrotower II, 4720 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC.
• Understand the nature and purpose of the project assigned by team supervisor regarding graphic designing of VanPeople website and mobile application
• Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to meet communication needs using a variety of technologies
• Recommend and appropriate format, find out the most applicable product to meet the desired visual effect, and most appropriate vehicle for communication
• Gather or create graphic materials to match with our website and mobile application image
• Using variety of computer software tools and programs individually or in combination to develop the overall layout and production of designs
• Conduct research and estimation of cost on graphic materials
• Advise the time frame of completing different graphic design projects accordingly
• Select and apply existing photo or photo from illustration banks
• Coordinate with outsourced illustrator or photographer to produce graphic materials by creating instruction and requirement lists for illustrator or photographers
• Coordinate on projects with media and print materials, and production of related products benefit from a common design and color selection
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
• Completion of college diploma or university degree in graphic design or visual arts is required
• Be able to communicate in English
• A strong portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills
• Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
• Ability to work collaboratively with individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
To apply for jobs, please email your resume to email@example.com.