Marketing and Sales Director
|Company Name||Phyto Extractions|
|Salary||45,000 - 50,000|
|Position||Marketing and Sales Director|
|Experience Required||3+ years of Marketing and Client Relations Experience|
|Benefits||Extended healthcare and Life Insurance|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
Who are we?
At Phyto Extractions, quality is central to everything we do. Why? Because we know that what goes into our products has a direct impact on the desired, consistent experience our customers and clients expect from them. It’s a commitment that we can trace back to the earliest days of our company’s history.
With deep roots, comes a deep understanding of what our customers want from their cannabis products, and consumption experiences. We’re not newcomers who decided to jump aboard the legalization train. Instead, as passionate advocates, and members of the Canadian cannabis industry, we have been producing award-winning concentrates since 2015.
That’s why all the products that we develop, source, and stock the shelves of legal retailers are created using natural formulations, backed by thorough due diligence and quality control.
We are committed to quality and safety. Building on our legacy knowledge we have developed rigorous testing standards, guided by a strict adherence to Health Canada regulations. It’s just one of the ways that we ensure every single product, and resulting experience meets your expectations.
Above all, we understand the importance of the consumer experience, because we are dedicated consumers ourselves, and we believe in cannabis as much as you do.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a mission-driven leader, who shares our beliefs, to drive the Phyto Extractions product and brand marketing team. Candidates must have a successful track record of increasing company revenue through marketing campaigns, increasing client return and retention rate, and solving unforeseen issues by tailoring their problem-solving approach. Above all, a successful candidate will share our passion and mission to deliver the highest quality product to clients and customers across Canada.
The successful candidate will build and execute performance marketing strategies to maximize paid media ROI. This includes being a primary point of contact for our major media partnerships (i.e. Google, Facebook, Instagram). This person will also partner closely with our digital marketing team to develop strategic initiatives that drive traffic to all our product channels and optimize for lifetime value, product margin and sales lift.
What does a typical workday look like?
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be our subject matter expert in utilizing various marketing channels to drive profitable growth. You will partner with a variety of teams within Phyto Extractions (e.g. Product Development, Sales, Digital Marketing), as well as third-party vendors, to apply your knowledge, insight, and experience in marketing development.
You will plan, develop, and direct a comprehensive retail marketing strategy in collaboration with the brand and operating marketing teams. On-going audits of performance will enable you to constantly evaluate, refine, and adapt your strategy. You will also work with sales representatives, in and out of the office, to define and build our community support strategy to create the best practices for community and local marketing. You’ll be responsible for digital marketing activities, like email marketing campaigns, to increase brand awareness, generate website traffic, and improve conversions. You will negotiate and collaborate with clients to strengthen our sales and distribution network. You will analyze and apply the insights you learn from market research and digital analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, FB Ad Manager).
Your 5 main KPIs:
1. Revenue target attainment
2. Sales lift / ROAS goals
3. Increase of client retention and return
4. Increase of lead conversion
5. Media innovation with our partners (Facebook, Google, Instagram)
Why we want you?
• Because we both share a passion for cannabis and quality cannabis products
• Because you have 3+ years of experience developing marketing campaigns and improving client relations
• Because you can adapt to client needs and create tailored solutions specific to those needs
• Because you are intellectually curious, love complex problems and have a demonstrated ability to excel in cross-functional teams
• Because you have a strong understanding of performance marketing and customer acquisition through both online platforms and in-person networking events
• Because you are experienced in managing media budgets to ensure proper allocation in accordance with target goals
• Because you are analytically driven, with proven success in translating data into insights and action (i.e. competitive analysis, keyword research, market research)
• Because you have a post-secondary education in business management and marketing
• Because you have outstanding verbal and written English communications skills, are detail oriented and can manage trade-offs between multiple projects and priorities
What’s in it for you?
• You will be a part of a team that is making a difference to our client’s health and well-being
• Extended healthcare benefits
• A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team, you must have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a deep connection to the community, that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of digital marketing.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something deeply rooted within the cannabis community. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.