Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport is centrally located in Richmond, where guests can enjoy shopping, dining and entertainment. It is only 3 km from Vancouver International Airport and 20 minutes' drive from Downtown Vancouver with public transport options are nearby. We are currently recruiting for the position of Marketing Specialist.
Job Purpose Summary
Marketing specialist is responsible for the promotion and positioning of the hotel's brand and services. This role promotes our brand awareness to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel and increasing our sales.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Conduct market research and study, and in consultation with all the department leaders
• Cooperates with Operations and Sales manager to create and implement marketing plans and campaigns to achieve budget goals
• Manages and reviews the development and implementation of internal and external promotions that drive incremental revenue to the hotel
• Participate for the creative and media planning of tactical advertising campaigns between the marketing department and advertising agencies/personal
• Assess and promote the hotel's participation in various sales channels, such as online booking websites or apps, digital marketing platforms, social media promotions, etc.
• Oversee all advertising of the hotel in the digital channels is consistent with the brand image.
• Establish a marketing network for hotel services, expand target audience and guide marketing strategies.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, conduct and analyze feedback from customers and partners, adjust strategies accordingly
• Prepare and oversea the social media engagement, ensure all the platforms update frequently, engage in proactive online reputation by addressing online concerns promptly and professionally.
• Participate in industry conferences, community events, professional conferences, and keep up-to-date knowledge about the market, competition, and customers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Postgraduate education in marketing, business administration or related subject is required;
• 1 year experience in marketing or related occupation is preferred;
• Tourism & Hospitality experience is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good marketing sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team
• Requires exceptional communication skills and people skills
• Proficient planning and organizational skills
• Able to multi-task and maintain high level of attention to detail
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Required to speak, read and write English
Job Type: Full-time, permanent, 35 hrs/week
Salary: $52,000 per year
Benefits: Extended health care
How to apply
Please email your Cover Letter, CV/Resume to: email@example.com
Applications will ONLY be accepted via email. **ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.