Public Relations Officer
Creston Valley Bakery
113 10th Avenue N, Creston, BC, Canada V0B 1G0
Title: Public Relations Officer (NOC 1123)
Wage: $28.75 per hour
Hours per week: Minimum 30 hours per week
Number of Positions: 1
Creston Valley Bakery, Creston, BC is searching for (1) qualified and experienced permanent full-time Public Relations Officer to join our team in our Business Expansion plan throughout the Regional area of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of Creston Valley Bakery
• Advise employer on advertising or sales promotion strategies to individual customers, client organizations, and resellers
• Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media
• Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
• Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform employer/head office, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
• Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
• Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
• Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
• Initiate and maintain contact with the media
• Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
• Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
• Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material for customers and reseller clients
• A university degree or college diploma in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, or related disciplines
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in public relations, marketing, or business administration
• Should have an outstanding charismatic personality, well-spoken and excellent public relation characteristic.
• Must be able to resolve clients, partners’ complaints in a courteous manner.
• Language in the workplace is English.
If you think you meet these criteria please send your resume and a cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please indicate that you want to apply for the Public Relations Officer position.