Media Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Vice-President of “Eye of the Tiger Management”
Job location: Montreal, Quebec
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: March 1st, 2021
Eye of the Tiger Management (EOTTM) is Montreal-based company that manages and promotes boxing athletes on a national and international scale. We are now looking to fill the position of Media Relations Coordinator.
Overview of the Position
As a key member of Eye of the Tiger Management team, the Media Relations Coordinator shall be responsible for development and implementation of appropriate communication and promotion strategies, campaigns, and information programs, targeting audiences, maintaining media relations on behalf of our company and our athletes.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Assess characteristics of boxing events to be promoted and advise the management on the advertising needs
• Propose and elaborate boxing event promotion strategies;
• Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups determined by EOTTM;
• Develop and implement communication strategies and programs designed to inform public relations of EOTTM initiatives and policies;
• Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media in regard to local, interprovincial and international events;
• Research, evaluate and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences in regard to local, interprovincial and international events;
• Prepare or oversee preparation of briefs, speeches, presentations, Web content and press releases for our boxers;
• Initiate and maintain contact with the local and international media;
• Organize press conferences, weigh-ins and other events for publicity, event sales and information purposes, co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences;
• Arrange interviews and news conferences to promote our athletes on a local and international scale;
• Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries;
• Oversee the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material;
• Represent and act as an agent for our athletes on an international scale;
• Diploma or undergraduate degree in Management/ Business Administration/ Marketing, or other related field
• Three or more years of work experience in sales/ marketing/ communications, or a combined equivalent of education and work experience
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, in both English and French, knowledge of additional language(s) is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects
• Ability to work in a team environment where duties and reporting levels are shared
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability to changing and conflicting priorities
• Ability to work collaboratively with both management and athletes, with strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with sporting activities
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic, deeply collaborative environment, moving seamlessly between and among many simultaneous and concurrent tasks, operations and requests
• Energetic self-starter; takes initiative and can work with minimum direction and supervision
• Other duties as reasonably required. Due to the nature of our organization and the dynamic environment, all staff will be required to act in capacities beyond their formal job description. These will always be reasonable however the expectation is that staff will step up in ways that may not normally be expected of them.
Applying for this Position
Eye of the Tiger Management is committed to building a skilled, diverse team reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, members of a visible minority group, foreign candidates, new immigrants, and regardless of sexual identity, gender identification, or gender expression.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted. Please submit your application by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
• 8 hour shift + possible overtime
• Monday to Friday, must be flexible to work on weekends
• Possible interprovincial and international business trips, depending on the event
Salary: $52,000 per year
• Extended health care